Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered my Rival-S have you?

TheChef1

I got a message from a fellow canik lover on reddit yesterday that the Rival-S dropped on Classic Firearms site. I ordered a chrome for $899 around 4pm by about 7pm I was seeing messages that they raised the price to $949  for the chromes. I just checked and the chromes are all sold out already but they still have some black available at $899.

Seems a little shady raising prices $50 bucks after lot of sales but hey they had them first so I guess they felt they could.

Link for chromes

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7010c-n-sfx-rival-s-5-or/ Non optic

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7607c-n-canik-rival-s-w-optic-ss/ Optic

Black Still in stock as of  10:22am 1/27/23

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7010-n-sfx-rival-s-5-or/

I already have my Parts at the house ready for its arrival. Anyone else but one? What color?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw the $949.99 price when I posted the link on the Canik forum for the chromer.  I'm going to wait for the next batch and look forward to comments from folks who have them.  Should be real interesting!

25 minutes ago, WxGuy said:

I saw the $949.99 price when I posted the link on the Canik forum for the chromer.  I'm going to wait for the next batch and look forward to comments from folks who have them.  Should be real interesting!

Just got the notification it shipped already. Should be delivered Wednesday. Hopefully it gets there before I have to go to work Wednesday evening.  

I’ll definitely report back Wednesday. We have Thursday night matches so I’ll try to get it out for that. 

18 minutes ago, louu said:

The price varied a lot on the regular rival in the beginning as well 

I’m happy to have snagged it at MSRP. I don’t normally buy stuff right when it comes out but this one was a must have for me. 

11 minutes ago, louu said:

@TheChef1 let us know how you like it! 

Definitely will.

8 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Ordered the dark side one. Parts waiting for it at the house as well. Can’t wait!!!

What parts are you starting with? I have a freedomsmith sport trigger, TF comp mag release, hopefully my disdef plate will be there on time. I’ve got some extra springs and guide rods already so should be squared away there. I don’t think I’m going to want it any heavier than it already is so I don’t think I’ll be adding any brass or tungsten to it. 

Edited by TheChef1

17 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Definitely will.

What parts are you starting with? I have a freedomsmith sport trigger, TF comp mag release, hopefully my disdef plate will be there on time. I’ve got some extra springs and guide rods already so should be squared away there. I don’t think I’m going to want it any heavier than it already is so I don’t think I’ll be adding any brass or tungsten to it. 

Freedomsmith trigger, same springs I swapped out with the other one, and a guide rod. As long as it is not nose heavy, I don’t think I will change anything else. If it is nose heavy, I could see swapping out the grips for a some brass ones to balance it out.

18 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Freedomsmith trigger, same springs I swapped out with the other one, and a guide rod. As long as it is not nose heavy, I don’t think I will change anything else. If it is nose heavy, I could see swapping out the grips for a some brass ones to balance it out.

Yeah that’s exactly how I feel. The S2 was so nose heavy it really benefited from brass grips for balance. But the thing was just a brick after that. If been really enjoying the lighter rival since I switched but I’m hoping the steel is well balanced and will be the perfect middle ground weight wise. 

2 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Do they have brass grips out for it?

5 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

How is it going to be Nose Heavy when the Base just added 12 ounces ?  Asking for a friend..

9 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

I got a message from a fellow canik lover on reddit yesterday that the Rival-S dropped on Classic Firearms site. I ordered a chrome for $899 around 4pm by about 7pm I was seeing messages that they raised the price to $949  for the chromes. I just checked and the chromes are all sold out already but they still have some black available at $899.

Seems a little shady raising prices $50 bucks after lot of sales but hey they had them first so I guess they felt they could.

Link for chromes

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7010c-n-sfx-rival-s-5-or/ Non optic

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7607c-n-canik-rival-s-w-optic-ss/ Optic

Black Still in stock as of  10:22am 1/27/23

https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-arms-hg7010-n-sfx-rival-s-5-or/

I already have my Parts at the house ready for its arrival. Anyone else but one? What color?

I bought the Dark Side last night for $ 899.00  Already got the Fedex tracking #

52 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

How is it going to be Nose Heavy when the Base just added 12 ounces ?  Asking for a friend..

I don’t foresee it being nose heavy but there’s Lots of steel frame guns that are. My shadow 2 was very nose heavy without lok grips.

51 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

I bought the Dark Side last night for $ 899.00  Already got the Fedex tracking #

Nice I got my tracking today also. Did you want black or was the chrome already sold out?

3 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I know LOK is waiting for a gun so he can get started and it's close to the Walther SF grips.  This is going to be fun.

I’d love a palm swell bogie on the left and a flat bogie on the right. I have a hunch this gun won’t need brass grips.

Maybe he will accommodate you with a special request at a later time once production gets going.  I would prefer the palm swell on the right and flat on the left myself for a right hand shooter.

9 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Maybe he will accommodate you with a special request at a later time once production gets going.  I would prefer the palm swell on the right and flat on the left myself for a right hand shooter.

Yeah I’m lefty so that’s why I like the palm swell left. 

for my Shadow 2 I just bought extra grips but maybe we can set up some kind of trade? 

40 minutes ago, Pmatte1 said:

Anyone that ordered one. Did you get to pick left or right hand for the holster? If it still comes with one like nils showed in his debut video with it?

@TheChef1 as a fellow lefty

As far as I know they only offer right handed holsters. The holster it comes with isn’t great anyways. Nils runs it and we all know how that went this year but I personally wouldn’t use it if I could avoid it. 

31 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

As far as I know they only offer right handed holsters. The holster it comes with isn’t great anyways. Nils runs it and we all know how that went this year but I personally wouldn’t use it if I could avoid it. 

Thanks Chef I kinda figured that was the case. But was curious anyway. 

I didn't realize they were out already. I was at Range USA on Thursday and saw the chrome/polish Rival S sitting in the display case. Asked to look at it and thought it felt way better than the regular Rival. Went and picked it up on Friday. I couldn't pass up the chrome/polish version. Looked so good sitting among the other mean black pistols. Put 33 rounds down range with it and I like it. The fiber rod fell out but no biggie as swapped red dots from my Rival Darkside. If I was smart I should have brought the Darkside upper with me and swapped them at the range just to test out.

I did have an issue installing the medium grips. Took some pressure from a hand vise grip to get the screw holes to align. I couldn't see what was keeping the grips from sliding all the way flush into the frame. 

325398053_726600285516300_4772647008755644156_n.jpg