Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Made GM with my Glock!

Swede20

smoney,

It is a stock G20 with a glock 3 1/2# connector in it with Race Cut Heinie sights from custom glock racing.  My 10mm load in it is 5.2gr of VVN320 with a 180gr Montana gold bullet, federal large pistol primers, and starline brass.  Power factor is 170.  I sometimes shoot .40s out of it for practice if I run out of 10mm brass.  I am having Custom Glock racing make me a Limited gun with a G20C.  I am having a Barsto .40 barrel made for it.  CGR is putting a top fuel trigger on it also.  I am using the G20C because the ports make the slide lighter and the gun will cycle faster.  I need the larger frame gun because I have large hands.  I also believe the larger G20 frame absorbs a lot more recoil than the G22 or G35 frame, especially when shooting .40s out of it.  Either way if you download 10mm to barely make major pf or .40 major it is a much softer recoiling gun than the small frames.  I think that the G20 is the hot ticket for glocks in ipsc!

Dave Erickson

I've been shooting IPSC for about 2 1/2 years.  Probably one of the biggest things that helped me is taking one of Michael Voigt's IPSC course management classes and just shooting with him on a regular basis.  Being able to call your shots, having fast target transitions, moving and shooting, etc.

Swede, congrats.

I was wondering, do you se the same load in .40 cases? And what recoil springs do you use. I am asking, because I am blessed with really large hands and was also planning on taking the G20 route into limited. Guess it's a scandinavian thing :)

Greetz, Björn

Has the shock of it all set-in yet Dave?

The scary part now it would seem (as discussed in another thread) would be the expected level of peformance at big matches.  Sevigny and  Valdez are your gun/class/competition now buddy!  Wheew!

No pressure at all right? ....man-o-man....

Make us BE'ers proud......

TDean,

I have my work cut out for me to be on par with Sevigny or Armando!  Hopefully one day......

Flexmoney,

Just wanted to be proficient with my dutygear-one of those little goals I had was to become a GM with my dutygear and Raptor holster.  Now I switched to competition gear and I'm doing worse!

Dave