Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory installed magwells ok in SSP

waktasz

Apparently this has been asked and answered by an AC in the PA/DE region and magwells are being used up there on SSP guns because some guns come that way now.

This seems like nonsense to me. Anyone else heard something like this? 

Oh my goodness. When did AC's become the arbiters of the rule book. That should have an obvious answer and if the "light from above" is needed to clear it up make it national level, not some joe or Jane blow AC.

Edited by rowdyb

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Oh my goodness. When did AC's become the arbiters of the rule book. That should have an obvious answer and if the "light from above" is needed to clear it up make it national level, not some joe or Jane blow AC.

When they disallowed people emailing HQ to ask questions.

22 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Ever since HQ said that if you have a rules question ask your AC.

Yeah, it's total BS for sure. 

That issue alone is worth it's own thread. But it would probably be locked in short order.

The AC of Florida replied to my email and said magwells must be removed from SSP guns even if they come with them.

Someone else was also saying that removing a magwell from a factory gun is not in the allowed list of SSP mods but the AC also confirmed that is incorrect. HQ should have a ruling or rules update soon to clarify it all

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The AC of Florida replied to my email and said magwells must be removed from SSP guns even if they come with them.

Someone else was also saying that removing a magwell from a factory gun is not in the allowed list of SSP mods but the AC also confirmed that is incorrect. HQ should have a ruling or rules update soon to clarify it all

I asked my AC (Idaho) as well. Let's hope he gives me the same answer...lol...

12 hours ago, ddc said:

Ever since HQ said that if you have a rules question ask your AC.

Yeah, it's total BS for sure. 

That issue alone is worth it's own thread. But it would probably be locked in short order.

IDPA needs a DNROI-esque organization to keep things consistent. The org has to be big enough at this point to support that in some capacity. ACs answering rules questions, in my experience, has not been a big winner so far.

That said, people have been pulling the factory magwells off their P320 X5 Legions for use in SSP for a long time, so I am really confused as to why this question is now a hot topic.

There is a new AC in Delaware and someone there asked the question and got the wrong answer from him, then was posting it in the IDPA FB group. He's saying "I'm just doing what he said I'm allowed to do" which I believe is disingenuous, and which is why I posted here then emailed my AC. 

Seems like logic is prevailing and there will be a clarification or rules update soon