Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LTT trigger job

jpm2953

I bought a 92 from Langdon last year. Paid the extra to get the trigger job. My DA is around 7lbs and my SA is a touch over 3lbs. 

this sound right? Super not impressed. especially compared to my CZ’s. 

thinking about shooting them an email. Maybe mine got skipped on the trigger job part. 

IME to get your LTT into the 6&2’s you need to get a lighter mainspring.  I want to say the one that comes with their trigger job is a 13 lb mainspring,  You need a 12 or 11.  

It’s the same way with my Shadow 2, with the CGW 13 lb mainsping installed I get around 7 lb DA and 2.5-3 lb SA.  But with their 11.5 mainspring it drops to 6&2.  

23 minutes ago, 2MoreChains said:

IME to get your LTT into the 6&2’s you need to get a lighter mainspring.  I want to say the one that comes with their trigger job is a 13 lb mainspring,  You need a 12 or 11.  

It’s the same way with my Shadow 2, with the CGW 13 lb mainsping installed I get around 7 lb DA and 2.5-3 lb SA.  But with their 11.5 mainspring it drops to 6&2.  

Ok. Yeah it has a 13 in it. Any issues with light strikes on these going to a 12 or 11? 

I run 11.5 on my shadows and they are all 5-5.5 range. 

21 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

I bought a 92 from Langdon last year. Paid the extra to get the trigger job. My DA is around 7lbs and my SA is a touch over 3lbs. 

this sound right? Super not impressed. especially compared to my CZ’s. 

thinking about shooting them an email. Maybe mine got skipped on the trigger job part. 

I think the best thing you can do is do everything at home, because when I got my LTT Beretta 92 it came with a nice trigger but... there was some work that need to be done. Follow the guide here: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/beretta-92-action-job-with-match-hammer.135056/

For the TLDR version: Polish the hammer hooks, hammer strut and round the edges, polish the sides (pseudo-shims) of the hammer where it rubs against the frame, polish the sear, the trigger bar if DLC coated, polish the trigger pin, sear pin, hammer pin, and for that trigger bar make sure it's a Langdon Optimized Performance trigger bar. Trust me, the reset and overtravel will be comparable to the CZ-75 Shadow 2 with a fitted disconnector and tuned overtravel screw. 

For it to be even lighter, you don't have much else to do. The 14# hammer spring is the lightest hammer spring with ULTIMATE reliability that'll work with the hardest 9mm primers possible (even rifle primers supposedly), but the 13# hammer spring is easily the best balance between excellent reliability with hard primers (like CCI), but also providing the best DA pull possible (SA doesn't get that much better by this point). You can drop to a 12# hammer spring but CCI primers and hard primers are not gonna go very long without providing light strikes most likely unless you buy an MCARBO spring kit and replace the firing pin spring for MCARBO's lighter firing pin spring. Then with this done a 12# hammer spring should allow you to use hard primers again supposedly.

27 minutes ago, Friedrich_der_Grosse said:

I think the best thing you can do is do everything at home, because when I got my LTT Beretta 92 it came with a nice trigger but... there was some work that need to be done. Follow the guide here: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/beretta-92-action-job-with-match-hammer.135056/

For the TLDR version: Polish the hammer hooks, hammer strut and round the edges, polish the sides (pseudo-shims) of the hammer where it rubs against the frame, polish the sear, the trigger bar if DLC coated, polish the trigger pin, sear pin, hammer pin, and for that trigger bar make sure it's a Langdon Optimized Performance trigger bar. Trust me, the reset and overtravel will be comparable to the CZ-75 Shadow 2 with a fitted disconnector and tuned overtravel screw. 

For it to be even lighter, you don't have much else to do. The 14# hammer spring is the lightest hammer spring with ULTIMATE reliability that'll work with the hardest 9mm primers possible (even rifle primers supposedly), but the 13# hammer spring is easily the best balance between excellent reliability with hard primers (like CCI), but also providing the best DA pull possible (SA doesn't get that much better by this point). You can drop to a 12# hammer spring but CCI primers and hard primers are not gonna go very long without providing light strikes most likely unless you buy an MCARBO spring kit and replace the firing pin spring for MCARBO's lighter firing pin spring. Then with this done a 12# hammer spring should allow you to use hard primers again supposedly.

Awesome. Thanks. Langdon says I can run an 11lb so I ordered one today. We shall see. 

8 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

Ok. Yeah it has a 13 in it. Any issues with light strikes on these going to a 12 or 11? 

I run 11.5 on my shadows and they are all 5-5.5 range. 

No issues with the 12 lb spring in mine.  It lights off CCI primers without fail.  

On 1/8/2023 at 9:08 PM, 2MoreChains said:

No issues with the 12 lb spring in mine.  It lights off CCI primers without fail.  

Same here. I've been using a 12lb mainspring with CCI primers for at least the last 2 years.

If you run a .22 LR conversion, the 11 and 12 pound mainsprings will give your ignition problems.  I run 16 pound with them.  

I have been shooting 12 pound mainsprings on several 9mm 92 pistols for several years now, with no issues with any ammo.  

• 1 month later...

I bought the trigger job in a bag the match grade hammer and 12# mainspring and had my DA down to 6.5 and SA to 2.7 and never had a light strike. 

I do really like the Beretta trigger now but will it ever be as good as a CZ shadow or Tanfo trigger just depends on your trigger preference. For me the SA trigger on my tuned Beretta is way better. The reset on the tuned. Erects trigger for me is better the. A tuned Cz. But a tuner CZ can have a much better DA trigger. So you just need to see what style DA/SA you prefer to shoot. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 7:27 PM, Practicalomaha said:

I bought the trigger job in a bag the match grade hammer and 12# mainspring and had my DA down to 6.5 and SA to 2.7 and never had a light strike. 

I do really like the Beretta trigger now but will it ever be as good as a CZ shadow or Tanfo trigger just depends on your trigger preference. For me the SA trigger on my tuned Beretta is way better. The reset on the tuned. Erects trigger for me is better the. A tuned Cz. But a tuner CZ can have a much better DA trigger. So you just need to see what style DA/SA you prefer to shoot. 

There's only one DA pull in any stage, so I'd shoot the gun that fit me best over the one with the better DA trigger, all else being equal 

Question for you guys. When I do a trigger pull measurement I run the little plastic thing on the hook along the inside of the trigger guard. In DA I start pulling the tool a little downward as well as rearward to keep it from riding up the trigger. I ask because my DA pulls are all at 5# or a little under on the guns in my Jan9 post. My #s seem to be a little lower than those in this thread.

• 1 month later...

I had a Langdon gun. I was not impressed at all with thr trigger. I have a Beretta Performance Defensive and those triggers feel better to me than the Langdon. I got rid of the Langdon. I am now getting an CZ shadow 2 with Cajun trigger job. Those are night and day better after trying my buddies. 

Funny how these things vary. I got a Defensive last summer. Out of the box it was the worst trigger I have had on any 92s. But all our 92s at least have stock stuff diy polished and 13# hammer spring. 4 of them have NP3 TJIBs from LTT and 11 or 12# springs. On the Defensive first thing I did was an 11 # spring. Shortly thereafter it got LTT NP3 trigger bar, hammer, 10# spring, and a plain black steel short reach trigger. Now it was in the general area at least. Some extra polishing got it to where it is the best trigger of all out 92s but only by a little bit.  

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/8/2024 at 6:29 PM, DarthMarl said:

I have the 92X with LTT and the SA is 1.5 lbs, it is awesome.. My elite is 3.2

Which LTT parts are installed in the 92X?