Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What The.....

hitman_usmc

As I mentioned before I'm still in Iraq. The only good thing abut this was being able to make a little money for my Dillon 650 (which i bought already) and for a race gun for the USPSA. I now have plenty of money for a race gun and found a great deal on an STI Trubor. Then I got an email from an FFL dealer that said they weren't CA legal. Is this true? If it is, what am I supposed to use for a race gun?

I guess I'll tell you what no one else wants to... if you live in California and are planning on getting into USPSA shooting, your options are limited by your legislature.

Not sure on all the specifics, I'm sure someone else can fill them in better than I, but there are only certain guns you are allowed to have unless they've been grandfathered in. I'll try to find you some links to details.

Sorry,

John

As I mentioned before I'm still in Iraq. The only good thing abut this was being able to make a little money for my Dillon 650 (which i bought already) and for a race gun for the USPSA. I now have plenty of money for a race gun and found a great deal on an STI Trubor. Then I got an email from an FFL dealer that said they weren't CA legal. Is this true? If it is, what am I supposed to use for a race gun?

Contact Johnny Lim at Limcat Custom. He might still have CA legal frames.

Texas! One of the Australian shooters called it "land of the Gun". I was at the Steel Challenge Shoot and several local shooters said "it must be nice living in a free state.

What is the leagl blade size on a pocket knife?? under 2"??

:wacko:

Edited by AlamoShooter

The following came off of this site: http://www.packing.org/state/texas/#stateknifecarry_law

Knife carry law summary

Date updated: Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:16 pm

§ 46.01. Definitions In this chapter:

(6) "Illegal knife" means a:

(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;

(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;

© dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;

(D) bowie knife;

(E) sword; or

(F) spear.

(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument.

It's not 2" in TX according to Packing.org

Rick

Hey Marine,

It's true, you can't get the Trubor. However, here are some options for you.

1) Buy a frame from someone in the state via private party transfer and have it built up.

2) Buy a used complete firearm from someone via private party transfer.

3) Buy a SVI or Bar-Sto pistol and have a second upper built for it. You'll have an Open gun and a Limited gun then. Not too shabby.

4) Have someone buy a Trubor that's moving to California. They then can DROS it into CA and then transfer to via private party transfer.

Being a Marine in California, I'm guessing you're based out of Camp Pendleton. If so, Bar-Sto Precision is super close to you (29 Palms) and you have can have a sweet pistol built up for you by a California company from a quality pistol builder.

Hope that helps. PM if you have any questions.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

There is more bad news. Basically, magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds are illegal in CA (if you had them before the ban, you can keep them -- but no transfers, importation, sale or building). In so many words, even with an open gun, you will be in Open 10 division (ha ha) unless you commit a felony. Which leaves Limited 10, Production, Revolver, and IDPA.

Basically, Open and Limited divisions are slowly dying in CA.

Y our best bet would be search here and USPSA classifieds for "california" frames many times listed in the title of the post, you will pay a little more but still be able to have in CA... Good luck man. both on getting the gun and excaping the comunistic state!

I believe TMC is selling his Open and Limited guns, which are CA legal and with Hi-cap mag tubes for the Open gun.

Y our best bet would be search here and USPSA classifieds for "california" frames many times listed in the title of the post, you will pay a little more but still be able to have in CA... Good luck man. both on getting the gun and excaping the comunistic state!

I believe TMC is selling his Open and Limited guns, which are CA legal and with Hi-cap mag tubes for the Open gun.

It is absolutely and unequivocally illegal to in any way transfer posession of a hi-cap magazine from one person to another here in kali. period.

If you obtain high-cap tubes and build up magazines, that is also a felony, no exceptions.

The following came off of this site: http://www.packing.org/state/texas/#stateknifecarry_law

Knife carry law summary

Date updated: Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:16 pm

§ 46.01. Definitions In this chapter:

(6) "Illegal knife" means a:

(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;

(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;

© dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;

(D) bowie knife;

(E) sword; or

(F) spear.

(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument.

It's not 2" in TX according to Packing.org

Rick

:huh: "California" is the place with the silly knife law as of a few years ago. :huh:

Some one may want to contact Dave Skinner!

Ivan

The Mag restrictions is a Calfornia thing, I can take my Hicaps inbto the State as long as I don't louse them. If I droped one on the ground and a local good guy picks it up takes it home to give it to me the next day. = they have broken state law.

If a Californinan finds one in the trash and keep it they have broken the 'State'law.

The Mag restrictions is a Calfornia thing, I can take my Hicaps inbto the State as long as I don't louse them. If I droped one on the ground and a local good guy picks it up takes it home to give it to me the next day. = they have broken state law.

If a Californinan finds one in the trash and keep it they have broken the 'State'law.

I didn't know that. A guy on the Calguns forum told me that he actually went to his local Sheriff and asked about selling his Beretta 92 and the "standard cap" (15 round) mags he had.

The Sheriff told him he could only sell the gun, not the mags but he could put them in the trash.

I did not know "finding" mags was illegal as well. Maybe so.

What's even more absurd is who would ever write a law that addressed the issue of whether finding something was illegal?

• 5 weeks later...

First things first...keep your head down and your eyes open...always be alert and PLEASE make it home from Iraq in one piece, Marine.

THEN worry about an Open blaster.

Basically, Open and Limited divisions are slowly dying in CA.

Not accurate at all based on our local matches! Keep in mind that if you had stockpiled a box of hicaps before the ban went into effect, then you can buy parts to maintain them such as tubes, followers, springs, and base pads. You just cant manufacture new ones.

Not accurate at all based on our local matches! Keep in mind that if you had stockpiled a box of hicaps before the ban went into effect, then you can buy parts to maintain them such as tubes, followers, springs, and base pads. You just cant manufacture new ones.

EXACTLY ;)