Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Production Uspsa Nationals - 2006

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have applied to cro/ro, and have not heard anything back...

I got a copy of the stage diagram I am assigned to work from Troy M. yesterday. You might contact him directly to see what's up. I don't know when you applied but it's possible they've been swamped doing the Limited Nationals and such.

All we've really heard is "It'll be done!"... last pics we saw from Phil were just dirt being pushed around - hard to tell what was there. I sent an email to Tom Fee a couple weeks ago asking if they had any current pics (there's a spot on the web page for them, but the link is totally dead) - I got no response. I imagine they're pretty busy trying to make sure it all comes together....

Would be nice to know what the berms are going to consist of (ie, will they be bare dirt, or... And if there will actually be grass on the floors of the berms at that point, or will they be dirt, etc... And see what they look like as much as pictures can tell us... :D

Dave,

I talked to Phil at Steel Challenge and it was my understanding that the range was being hydroseeded at that time. Tom Fee also told me that the entire range would be irrigated, so I would expect a pretty good cover of grass by the match date.

Tim - thanks for the info. Sounds like it'll be nice, then - the berms would have to have been completed to by hydroseeded... Last I spoke w/ Phil, he was afraid it might all be dirt when we get out there :)

He didn't happen to give you any idea as to the size of the bays or anything, did he?

Does anyone know if those of us who just want to watch the shooting can? I'd be willing to tape or whatever as a volunteer to see some of the best production shooters in the world shoot.

Yeah, Dave too (for now - I'll try to remember to ask him about it!)

And wait til you see my new Limcat shirt!!!!

Does anyone know if those of us who just want to watch the shooting can? I'd be willing to tape or whatever as a volunteer to see some of the best production shooters in the world shoot.

Yeah, Dave too (for now - I'll try to remember to ask him about it!)

And wait til you see my new Limcat shirt!!!!

Spectators are never a problem as long as you have eye & ear protection and follow range officials instructions. Come on out.

This is such a huge effort.

The size and scope of the undertaking is staggering. I volunteered to work Nationals this year in part to make whatever small contribution I could to support Tom Fee and his crew in what I think will be seen as a sea change in the sport of competitive shooting.

The range won't be as ready as was planned originally, but I will be there with my best attitude on to do whatever I can to make this a great USPSA National Championship.

I encourage everyone to take a moment to try to get a glimpse of the Vision and take some satisfaction in the great fortune of being there at the start. There may still be some raw edges or dirt piles showing when we shoot, but making this match a success will be a major milestone on the path of making the shooting sports a prominent mainstream sport.

B)