Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 Gen 5 slide crack, need replacement ideas!

JunotFranco

I purchased a brand new Glock 19 Gen 5 Sat Oct 1st at my local gun shop. On Monday I shot 100 rounds of Blazer 124 Brass and went to clean my pistol in the evening.  I was teaching my 7 year old daughter how to clean a handgun and she dropped the slide while attempting to scrub it with a microfiber towel.  She dropped it over concrete and I looked at it and all I had was a small scratch by the front sight, maddening but she is learning. Anyway, I went to put it together and it wouldn’t go that is when I noticed the right side was bent in cracked.  Now Glock wants to charge me for a whole new slide ($200).  Granted it was dropped but from the height of a 7 year old girl... a slide should not bend like that, you drop an Sig slide from that height and will chip the floor.  Needles to say I need a slide that can take a beating and is battle worthy, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Just now, JunotFranco said:

The think is that there are absolutely no marks on that area... it is mind puzzling 

That’s bc you’re used to Sig finishes… if you stare at them for too long the finish gets damaged. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

That’s bc you’re used to Sig finishes… if you stare at them for too long the finish gets damaged. 🤣

If it would have been a sig it would have shot him when she dropped it🤣🤣

That's very strange.

Has to be a manufacturing defect of some kind.  I've seen people do very stupid things with Glock's and they always seem to keep on going, so for a simple drop to cause that much damage there has to be something else going on.

Is it possible it was sold to you as "new" but was really a trade in from someone who broke it?

6 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

That's very strange.

Has to be a manufacturing defect of some kind.  I've seen people do very stupid things with Glock's and they always seem to keep on going, so for a simple drop to cause that much damage there has to be something else going on.

Is it possible it was sold to you as "new" but was really a trade in from someone who broke it?

No, it was brand new. I the owner is a good friend of mine and a very serious dealer.  Very good reputation. The glock armorers said that is was a perfect storm fall.  Apparently they do that is dropped on that specific area.  There are a few posts on other forums with people having this happen to them.

I got this off of ebay for $199 plus shipping For my Glock 19 generation 5. I only put a few hundred rounds Through it but it has been absolutely flawless. Cut for RMR or holosun floor print. You will have ever need to buy a new channel liner

s-l1600.png

Edited by usmc1974

On 10/5/2022 at 6:03 PM, 124gr9mm said:

Has to be a manufacturing defect of some kind.

The crack started in a corner that isn't meant to take that type of sharp impact.

Corners are stress risers.  That's why they are radiused when machining.  However, no one can predict where any stray stresses in a mass-machined steel part may be left.

That's not a manufacturing defect

12 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Why would you want something other than an OEM replacement?

When I look online I find at least 10 companies that say their parts are better than the factory Originals. There are at least 5 gun companies that stay their glocks, are better than glock's,  glocks. Just saying.

Edited by usmc1974