Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 Gen 5 slide crack, need replacement ideas!

JunotFranco

FWIW, from all of the matches that I have worked (L1-L3) I don't recall seeing a Glock malfunction on a Glock that was only Glock parts (except 1 but that was a worn out 200K round G-17). It seems that the ones that did fail had Non-Glock Glock parts...

Other than that, don't drop stuff. 😉

3 hours ago, ChuckS said:

FWIW, from all of the matches that I have worked (L1-L3) I don't recall seeing a Glock malfunction on a Glock that was only Glock parts (except 1 but that was a worn out 200K round G-17). It seems that the ones that did fail had Non-Glock Glock parts...

Other than that, don't drop stuff. 😉

Well it was my daughter, I have no control over that. It just bugs me that it is a pistol with 100 rounds. Imagine if the pistol falls with the slide locked back… I just don’t think a pistol that is used in combat should do that.

Edited by JunotFranco

On 10/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, usmc1974 said:

I got this off of ebay for $199 plus shipping For my Glock 19 generation 5. I only put a few hundred rounds Through it but it has been absolutely flawless. Cut for RMR or holosun floor print. You will have ever need to buy a new channel liner

s-l1600.png

I love this slide and it works perfect on my gen 5 19. That said I have been playing with Glock pistols since about 1987 and I had very very few problems with any of them if I stuck with the original factory Parts. I don't think you can go wrong going with a new Glock slide from Glock. Good luck.