Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issue with Phoenix Trinity Honcho build

engineerjet

6 hours ago, OPENB said:

Is there a reason a Honcho can’t be hard chromed? APW for the win on my open gun!

My order was for Silver PVD. After 2 strips and re-coats, the coating company believes something happened during the stripping process that altered the final color and at this point, having already been stripped twice, doesnt have high confidence any further attempts would be successful (this is what they tell me). So in a nutshell, a new order (that hasn't been coated yet) would have a better coating outcome than a part that has already gone through two strip and re-coats. Leaving black DLC the only coating left that can attempt to salvage the situation.

3 hours ago, engineerjet said:

My order was for Silver PVD. After 2 strips and re-coats, the coating company believes something happened during the stripping process that altered the final color and at this point, having already been stripped twice, doesnt have high confidence any further attempts would be successful (this is what they tell me). So in a nutshell, a new order (that hasn't been coated yet) would have a better coating outcome than a part that has already gone through two strip and re-coats. Leaving black DLC the only coating left that can attempt to salvage the situation.

I'm still not understanding why they don't just "trash" that slide and build you a new one and coat it the way you ordered. Hell, they could then coat that slide with DLC and sell it at a slight discount to somebody. It seems like that would be a simple business decision, it's not rocket surgery or anything

40 minutes ago, RJH said:

I'm still not understanding why they don't just "trash" that slide and build you a new one and coat it the way you ordered. Hell, they could then coat that slide with DLC and sell it at a slight discount to somebody. It seems like that would be a simple business decision, it's not rocket surgery or anything

It's everything. Plus it has a custom serial number

Did you use your CC to purchase? My dad had a similar problem ordering from a manufacture of a big bore semi auto pistol chambered in 475WM. They gave him the run around for close to a year and he finally called AMEX and they took care of him and refunded his money.

13 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Did you use your CC to purchase? My dad had a similar problem ordering from a manufacture of a big bore semi auto pistol chambered in 475WM. They gave him the run around for close to a year and he finally called AMEX and they took care of him and refunded his money.

That’s why I only use Amex. They’ll always stand behind you 

On 9/24/2022 at 2:43 AM, engineerjet said:

I read your story, and understand you wanted a silver PVD. I’m wondering from a mechanical/metallurgical standpoint, is there a reason PT couldn’t HC their Honcho builds?  And avoid these crappy coaters. 

4 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I read your story, and understand you wanted a silver PVD. I’m wondering from a mechanical/metallurgical standpoint, is there a reason PT couldn’t HC their Honcho builds?  And avoid these crappy coaters. 

The more I thought about it. I just won't bring myself to accept a gun that has gone through 3 coatings and showed signs of rust. I'm not an expert on metal coatings, but I haven't seen anyone on here who would be satisfied with accepting that.

53 minutes ago, engineerjet said:

The more I thought about it. I just won't bring myself to accept a gun that has gone through 3 coatings and showed signs of rust. I'm not an expert on metal coatings, but I haven't seen anyone on here who would be satisfied with accepting that.

How much of your money do they have?

I would imagine that the negative publicity generated from this thread as well as the negative word of mouth  is not in their best interest. 

14 minutes ago, Balakay said:

How much of your money do they have?

I would imagine that the negative publicity generated from this thread as well as the negative word of mouth  is not in their best interest. 

They have it all and I've requested a full refund. I'll update once they reply. I have no intention to shame. That's why I recounted the events as they happened in a factual manner. 

Edited by engineerjet

1 hour ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Good luck bro. 
look, unless your a millionaire and you told them up front ,idk I just want a gun. 

they have to understand this is serious money for a gun. 
And it should be an enjoyable thing getting a custom high end gun. 
I’m sure on some level they know this. 

Right? These open guns arent like a glock where you can just pick one up on a whim. The wait time and the amount invested in these builds makes it so every detail must be perfect and no one should be forced to accept something they did not pay for. In a response they mentioned that the order was black in the beginning before we went back and forth on the color. But once the color is finalized, everything else is irrelevant.

5 hours ago, engineerjet said:

That's why I recounted the events as they happened in a factual manner. 

Which you have done.

This isn't the platform to correct customer service issues.

Contacting the vendor is the way to go.

Good luck.