Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kidd's Custom Shop Pit Viper

XRe

First, what everyone wants to see... the pictures!

post-4828-1134086417_thumb.jpgpost-4828-1134086427_thumb.jpgpost-4828-1134086434_thumb.jpg

These guns are based on a 5" Hybricomp barrel, originally with no ports. Total of 6 ports, plus a 1 chamber, 2 port comp. The gun is just shy of 6" long - seriously. It's less an inch longer than my 1911! Unloaded, it weighs maybe just a hair more than an unloaded 1911, too, and balances in the same spot - right at your strong hand middle finger.

Feature list (in addition to the above details):

SV long-wide frame that's been trimmed and lightened

Lightened Caspian barstock slide, rear of slide checkered

Grey (??) C-More Serendipity

EE internals

Swenson

EGW magwell

Contoured and stippled grip (Rusty's "Tiger Claw" stipple)

Delrin guide rod

pinned grip safety

serrated Sidewinder racker

AFTEC .38 Super ACE (soon to be replaced by .38 SC ACE)

paddle-type mag release button

all flats polished

It came to me w/ 1800 rounds on it. It's still so tight that racking the slide with the racker alone causes the slide to "bind" in it's travel (if you put your left thumb on the right side of the slide and pull straight back w/ the racker and thumb, it travels as if on glass).

I got it w/ 2 140mm and 1 170mm SV mags. The 140s have flat Arredondo pads (which I may swap for the big Arrendondo pads). The 170 has the 2.5mm Grams pad on it. Need to get a couple more mags together, leather, loading junk, and away we go :)

This is very similar to what I sold 6 years ago, and have been kicking myself ever since.... It's really really cool to have come across this deal, and be back in w/ a Kidd gun!!! (thanks, Sheldon, for pointing it out!)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice, btw I think I have your previous one from Kidd

Really??? :) It still running for you? Still on the first barrel? I miss that gun.... :)

AlamoShooter - Kidd as in Rusty Kidd, inventor of the AFTEC Advanced Competition Extractor... :) Unfortunately, he and Tony have the same last name, so it can get confusing...

Yeah, leather :) Old habit. Cullen's right, I'm all old school and stuff.

And, yeah, I'm a photog by hobby, as if shooting weren't enough.... :) Photography paid for this gun, though... so I guess that's saying something :)

Very nice, btw I think I have your previous one from Kidd

Really??? :) It still running for you? Still on the first barrel? I miss that gun.... :)

AlamoShooter - Kidd as in Rusty Kidd, inventor of the AFTEC Advanced Competition Extractor... :) Unfortunately, he and Tony have the same last name, so it can get confusing...

Yeah, leather :) Old habit. Cullen's right, I'm all old school and stuff.

And, yeah, I'm a photog by hobby, as if shooting weren't enough.... :) Photography paid for this gun, though... so I guess that's saying something :)

Both Kidds invent cool gun stuff, Interesting

Thanks for the reply

Of this I am well aware. 'Twas a bit tongue-in-cheek... kinda like a lesbian. ;)

doesn't help that my six-year-old is next to me telling.."you gotta get that gun" :D:D

She has good taste :)

Of this I am well aware. 'Twas a bit tongue-in-cheek... kinda like a lesbian. ;)

Sorry, never know who knows what these days :)

"tongue-in-cheek"... a little too close to "tongue-in-cheeks", eh?? :)

So, how exactly did you come by this toy? :)

I think you already know that story, buddy ;) Re-read the last bit way up above :) I give props where they're due!

Looks good.. you might want to cover up those SV logos before Skinner sees you :D:D

Anyone got any STI stickers? :lol:

Both Kidds invent cool gun stuff

It doesn't help that Tony Kidd appears to be a redhead. :D

TK-StSm.jpg

Xre- Didn't it start out as a 9X21?

The Viper I used to have was also .38 Super-ish (at least, when I sold it, it was....). I also used to have a Witness/P-9 based racegun that Rusty built that was a 9x21, but that's a completely different platform (but was also a sweet little gun...). I sold that one to a gent named Jack Dono.

Edited by XRe