Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shuemann Barrel Availibility

TDean

yep, have a couple of guys at the club in limbo with their new guns being built due to no availability of Scheumann barrels. I have one myself on my Limited gun but it seems there are plenty of barrel makes that are just as good. Plenty of threads here swearing that Barsto/Nowlin/KKM/Kart are in the same league.

Those are all good; KKM can be hard to get depending on where he is in production. I don't think Nowlin makes .38 bull barrels anymore.

Last time this happened to me I ended up getting a 6 inch STI bull barrel from Chuck and just cut it down and threaded it. I was very happy with it. Good barrels.

This does sort of bring up the question of when the patent runs out on the barrel rib.... hmmm....

Bah... looks like 2010... another 5 years....

Edited by XRe

He told me he was helping SV set up so they could make their own barrels. He was also moving his shop to a new building

This is the same story that I heard. When he gets set up again, he should be able to catch up relatively fast since SV will be making their own barrels. In the past SV has absorbed much of his production.

Edited by L9X25

I spoke with Wil last week and he said he was moving facilities and had allot of product that was earmarked for dealers that just needed to be sorted and shipped. I was looking for a 6" .40 barrel, he said he had two, he took my info but said they may be spoken for. I don't have it yet.

FYI, KKM is out of 6" .40 bull barrels and won't have any until Feb-Mar.

I also talked with Wil last week. He said he is back in production but that just means he is at the beginning stages. He said I would have barrels in a matter of weeks. Dont know which ones will come first or how many weeks. It will take him a while to catch up. The story of helping SV set up their own barrel making machine to take the load off of him and that he moved his shop is what I heard from him more than once.

Wil used to be down across the river from Hood River. I usded to windsurf so I went by his shop a few times I think. Now I just shoot.

Now that I am up in the NW, I thought I would call him and see if he is taking vistors to his shop.

BTW: I have both Nowlin and Kart in my guns. I had to get a Kart because Nowlins were not to be found. I was even ready to pay retail. I called Nowlin but he had none available. So I got a Kart--shoots good so far, remember that the AMU and Baer use Kart alot.

• 2 weeks later...