Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SHADOW 2 Orange - Brass grips VS G10 grip weight for Production Div.

bobbyblaze

1 hour ago, bobbyblaze said:

Is the heavy brass grips favored over standard aluminum or G10 type grips?

Do they help with felt recoil or not much difference? 

Maybe. I have these on my CO Shadow 2:

https://lokgrips.com/cz-gun-grips/cz-75/specialty/cz-shadow-2-thin-gridlok-aggressive-brass/

Nile I don’t notice any real difference in “felt” recoil what they do is balance the gun a bit better. Shadow 2 tend to be nose heavy.  

Best answer is if you want to reduce felt recoil, work on load and tune slide recoil spring, 11-13 lbs is pretty standard with 124/147 9mm at 130+ PF..

I tried the aggressive brass grips and did find a slight improvement with balance and recoil.  I also noticed the extra weight in the holster and during gun handling and that I didn't care for.  In the end I personally didn't find them worth it and went back to G10 Bogies.  

It's all personal preference though.  I can say the majority CZ shooters at my club run them.   

Edited by NWfront

I have been using the SSI grips with the tungsten inserts for a couple weeks now (they are maybe a half ounce less than the loks). I am not sure yet how I feel about them. The S2 balances much better with them and I find it to be more stable in single hand shooting and I have less over swing when I push for aggressive transitions. Recoil seems about the same.

The down side being the gun is a freaking boat anchor on my hips. My dry fire has suffered a bit too, I am tiring out sooner, but that should level out as I get used to it more.

1 hour ago, Artemas said:

I have been using the SSI grips with the tungsten inserts for a couple weeks now (they are maybe a half ounce less than the loks). I am not sure yet how I feel about them. The S2 balances much better with them and I find it to be more stable in single hand shooting and I have less over swing when I push for aggressive transitions. Recoil seems about the same.

The down side being the gun is a freaking boat anchor on my hips. My dry fire has suffered a bit too, I am tiring out sooner, but that should level out as I get used to it more.

Aha good information... thanks for your input.

12 hours ago, HesedTech said:

https://lokgrips.com/cz-gun-grips/cz-75/specialty/cz-shadow-2-thin-gridlok-aggressive-brass/

Nile I don’t notice any real difference in “felt” recoil what they do is balance the gun a bit better. Shadow 2 tend to be nose heavy.  

Best answer is if you want to reduce felt recoil, work on load and tune slide recoil spring, 11-13 lbs is pretty standard with 124/147 9mm at 130+ PF..

I agree with you.

I run G10 palm swell bogies normally on tanfos and am giving the brass aggressive grips a try soon. They will balance the shadow 2 a bit better as it is nose heavy. If it makes it settle a bit nice great but I’m not overly concerned because the gun runs lovely out the box.

However on the range I find it the balance not a problem.

Just now, goshimu said:

I agree with you.

I run G10 palm swell bogies normally on tanfos and am giving the brass aggressive grips a try soon. They will balance the shadow 2 a bit better as it is nose heavy. If it makes it settle a bit nice great but I’m not overly concerned because the gun runs lovely out the box.

On the range I find the balance not a problem.

12 hours ago, HesedTech said:

I agree with you.

On the range I find the balance not a problem and if I don’t prefer them I’ll get some g10 bogies again because unless you need more weight they are perfect for me.

Edited by goshimu

Just started playing around CZ stuff again after a long time. ive always had Tungsten guide rods in most of my Competition pistols. so i bought one for my CZ Shadow 2 

i liked the feel right away even when folks complained its already nose heavy. also tried the Brass Grips and i agree it does balance the gun well. but then when you add a loaded 23 round magazine with 147grs i felt that weight big time on my waist and did not care for it. in the end i just bought some Palm Swell bogies and sold the brass grips

its been sweet lately.