Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 PCC Feed Issue

Starting to experience rounds not feeding from magazine to chamber from time to time. Before I start replacing magazine springs, I was curious if it could be some other issue. Usually starts after 75-100 into the match.

Anyone else have this issue ? Magazine related?

Seems like maybe a dirty chamber issue??? Does it go into chamber....but not completely? Or is it not even getting to the chamber?

An occasional bore snake can take care of one issue.....the other, well....who knows

What mags are you using?  Extended? Some of the cheaper Glock copies have inferior springs in them, I avoid using them for the most part but I have a couple I've changed springs in (Wolff) that run perfectly.  Try to eliminate which mags are causing the problem - number and track them.  

Mid match cleaning should not be required, mine has over 1000 since last clean (embarrassing but true)

My favorite story of my GMR was running 4 shooters through a 250 round falling steel match suppressed. It doesn't really matter how dirty the GMR gets, if you keep adding oil it will run.

If your bullets are not making it into the chamber, check your magazines for dirt then check the followers for wear then replace the springs if you haven't in a year. 

If you are not using GLOCK-Brand-GLOCK mags, replace whatever other mags you are using immediately. 

The GMR platform is stupid reliable. Always, always, always check your magazines when you clean your gun. If a mag hits the ground, unload and clean it before running it again. 

The one that I have will only work with factory Glock - not a problem other than a couple times on extraction but otherwise fine. I put in something else and it will fail in three or so. So, eat the cost, pay for the quality and have your gun work in matches

• 2 months later...