Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 hours ago, ddc said:

That control box is a lot larger than the Ammobot.

Would you be able to show a pic from the right side looking towards the chain and sprockets?

Set up a little different than the Ammobot but runs a lot smoother

280536363_407006984619935_7197904836324150107_n.jpg

5 hours ago, ddc said:

That control box is a lot larger than the Ammobot.

The Ammobot has two boxes, a big one with power supply and other unknown electrical stuff and a small control box with the reset and auto buttons, with the count/message display. 

Combined into one box, Dillon has made a smaller overall footprint.  They did add some “safety” shields to protect careless people from putting there hands in the drive and away from the moving press. Did you notice the poster has removed the shields. I wonder if that voids some sort of warranty?

I wonder if any of the old sensors and Immortobot stuff will work with the new drive?

Edited by HesedTech

5 hours ago, HesedTech said:

The Ammobot has two boxes, a big one with power supply and other unknown electrical stuff and a small control box with the reset and auto buttons, with the count/message display. 

Combined into one box, Dillon has made a smaller overall footprint.  They did add some “safety” shields to protect careless people from putting there hands in the drive and away from the moving press. Did you notice the poster has removed the shields. I wonder if that voids some sort of warranty?

I wonder if any of the old sensors and Immortobot stuff will work with the new drive?

Mark is working on that. I sent him some pics of the connectors. Removing the shiels does nothing for the warranty. It just covers Dillons ass for a lawsuit.

3 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

Mark is working on that. I sent him some pics of the connectors. Removing the shiels does nothing for the warranty. It just covers Dillons ass for a lawsuit.

Yes, well when mfg's have to post warning labels like this:

754333858_Chainsaw.jpg.cc91809203cf2a5b07707ed997b7dbca.jpg

it's clear that someone, somewhere was stupid enough to try it. I don't blame Dillon one iota!

7 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

👍

Good to hear he's working on it. I have the last version of Ammobot and was hoping Dillon would continue support, but it seems they have their hands full with the DA3000. Good thing my Ammobot is really tough and doesn't break.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SJBriggs said:

Any updates on how the DA3000 is running?

I have 2 Rl1100 machines. The Da3000 I only use to prime cases. I ran 6,000 through it last week. Running perfect. No issues. The millisecond delay is nice.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, HesedTech said:

👍

Good to hear he's working on it. I have the last version of Ammobot and was hoping Dillon would continue support, but it seems they have their hands full with the DA3000. Good thing my Ammobot is really tough and doesn't break.

I sent Mark some pics of the connectors. He is putting them together now

1 hour ago, Johnnymazz said:

I sent Mark some pics of the connectors. He is putting them together now

It  will make it worthwhile buying a Dillonbot if Mark is able to create sensors/accessories for it.

Glad to hear it is working well for you.

Thank you.  As a Dillon fan, I am eagerly waiting for any unboxing/reviews/opinions on the machine.  The company website has a video that shows the basic assembly of the machine.   They didn't touch on sensors at this time in any meaningful detail.   Does the included manual speak to the planned sensors?

The video has screenshots of the sensor connections: low primer sensor, home sensor, safety switch, safety cover, primer sensor, case probe, and low powder sensor.  Unused slots are comms (in/out) with what appears to be RJ-45 jacks for computer connections (firmware updates/programming/more sensors?)  While they don't have a dedicated connector for it on the blue controller box, they do reference the ability to check bullet topple and the ability to sense small/large primer, berdan, case ringer check (9mm/223).  There is an optional case kicker that will kick out the offending brass case.  Will that one probe sensor do all that case work?

Curious on how/where these sensors will be set up For berdan primer/bullet topple sensors, will sensor assemblies be attached to the size die/seating die themselves?  For the small versus large primer, will something be attached to the case feeder or the swagger?  Perhaps there is another blue box "router" that connects to these sensors and routes that info through the comms jack?

Edited by mrspeel

5 hours ago, mrspeel said:

Thank you.  As a Dillon fan, I am eagerly waiting for any unboxing/reviews/opinions on the machine.  The company website has a video that shows the basic assembly of the machine.   They didn't touch on sensors at this time in any meaningful detail.   Does the included manual speak to the planned sensors?

The video has screenshots of the sensor connections: low primer sensor, home sensor, safety switch, safety cover, primer sensor, case probe, and low powder sensor.  Unused slots are comms (in/out) with what appears to be RJ-45 jacks for computer connections (firmware updates/programming/more sensors?)  While they don't have a dedicated connector for it on the blue controller box, they do reference the ability to check bullet topple and the ability to sense small/large primer, berdan, case ringer check (9mm/223).  There is an optional case kicker that will kick out the offending brass case.  Will that one probe sensor do all that case work?

Curious on how/where these sensors will be set up For berdan primer/bullet topple sensors, will sensor assemblies be attached to the size die/seating die themselves?  For the small versus large primer, will something be attached to the case feeder or the swagger?  Perhaps there is another blue box "router" that connects to these sensors and routes that info through the comms jack?

I wont be able to help you with those questions sir. I have an Ammobot machine for my Cp2000 with all the sensors, so until it s#!ts the bed, I wont need any of that

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 6:38 PM, 67isb said:

It  will make it worthwhile buying a Dillonbot if Mark is able to create sensors/accessories for it.

Glad to hear it is working well for you.

I got the cable from Mark, IDK if he put them on his website yet

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, Johnnymazz said:

I got the cable from Mark, IDK if he put them on his website yet

@Johnnymazz any luck figuring out a low primer hook up?   I finally got my small primer 1100/DA3000 set up, good to see I am not the only one who removed all the safety things minus the chain cover.  

I move one of my 1050s on the latest AmmoBot over as a dedicated CP machine.  Was thinking of pulling the low primer sensor, cutting it from the harness, then wiring it to hook up to the DA3000 shield safety switch.   Was thinking of just putting a female RCA plug on that switch.   Then all my Imortalbot switches could plug in, so the machine stops.  Have to figure out what tripped it but still it would stop.   I like using the universal decapping pin switch as a safety check in station 1, even all my brass is prepped separately.  

I am shocked the DA3000 did not include the primer safety switch integrated like it is (was) on the AmmoBots.   That is the #1 shut down for me in the past on my AmmoBots.

ISSUE:  I have had my two 1100/DA3000 since Spring just taken me this long to get the time to set up the first one.   Killed me as I fought the home sensor switch, could not get it to work, walk away,  few weeks later try again and repeat.   Finally wised up and pulled the other sensor from machine #2 in the box still.  Problem solved.   ARRRGH!  It was a bad switch on DA#1.  It’s been a week since I emailed Dillon to send out a replacement no word from them, going to have to call them. 

@Tom S. The chain cover is great in the new DA3000, but the rest is way overkill.  Heck most of us running AmmoBots are used to exposed chains slapping back and forth! Yes that servo on the AmmoBot has the power to mimic that diagram with ones hand!   Do agree stupid is out there.  Lawyers have slowed Darwinism a bit. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:52 AM, Tom S. said:

Yes, well when mfg's have to post warning labels like this:

754333858_Chainsaw.jpg.cc91809203cf2a5b07707ed997b7dbca.jpg

it's clear that someone, somewhere was stupid enough to try it. I don't blame Dillon one iota!

16 hours ago, helocat said:

It’s been a week since I emailed Dillon to send out a replacement no word from them, going to have to call them. 

I've had poor results getting responses to email.

I think you'll get quicker results calling them. Sitting on hold sucks but I get lucky on occasion. 

On 9/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, helocat said:

@Johnnymazz any luck figuring out a low primer hook up?   I finally got my small primer 1100/DA3000 set up, good to see I am not the only one who removed all the safety things minus the chain cover.  

I move one of my 1050s on the latest AmmoBot over as a dedicated CP machine.  Was thinking of pulling the low primer sensor, cutting it from the harness, then wiring it to hook up to the DA3000 shield safety switch.   Was thinking of just putting a female RCA plug on that switch.   Then all my Imortalbot switches could plug in, so the machine stops.  Have to figure out what tripped it but still it would stop.   I like using the universal decapping pin switch as a safety check in station 1, even all my brass is prepped separately.  

I am shocked the DA3000 did not include the primer safety switch integrated like it is (was) on the AmmoBots.   That is the #1 shut down for me in the past on my AmmoBots.

ISSUE:  I have had my two 1100/DA3000 since Spring just taken me this long to get the time to set up the first one.   Killed me as I fought the home sensor switch, could not get it to work, walk away,  few weeks later try again and repeat.   Finally wised up and pulled the other sensor from machine #2 in the box still.  Problem solved.   ARRRGH!  It was a bad switch on DA#1.  It’s been a week since I emailed Dillon to send out a replacement no word from them, going to have to call them. 

@Tom S. The chain cover is great in the new DA3000, but the rest is way overkill.  Heck most of us running AmmoBots are used to exposed chains slapping back and forth! Yes that servo on the AmmoBot has the power to mimic that diagram with ones hand!   Do agree stupid is out there.  Lawyers have slowed Darwinism a bit. 

I have no need for the cable, but Mark sent me one anyway.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, helocat said:

Ditch the chain cover, I have my machine mounted flush with the bench, I use a long handle 1/2 inch combination wrench to operate manually. Mounting the machine that way keeps the case feeder pole on the bench top. Much more stable

Edited by Johnnymazz