Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On 9/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, ddc said:

I've had poor results getting responses to email.

I think you'll get quicker results calling them. Sitting on hold sucks but I get lucky on occasion. 

In the end I just sat at my desk working email on hold.   Got through to Sam at Dillon and he helped me out.   Turns out this is the first home sensor is the first one to to fail. 

20 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

I have no need for the cable, but Mark sent me one anyway.

Nice!  I looked on his site, could not find one there.  But the site is a bit tough to find stuff.    I am going to just rig up a female RCA plug to the safty switch, so I can use my Double Alfa / Immortal Arms modified powder checks. 

For the low primer sensors, turns out I did get them from Dillon. Just packed in with my second press box I had not opened yet.  Sheesh.  Good to have them. 

• 1 month later...

Johnnymazz - How goes the running of your two DA3000 units?  I ask because I am at a crossroad - I have the funds to purchase a unit now to mount on my RL1100 and if Dillon follows in their typical traditions (has happened every year for the past five years) Dillon will implement a price increase come January 1, 2023 somewhere between 5% to 10% and that is a significant amount on a DA3000 unit.  If your units are still running good I may go ahead and pull the trigger on a unit now.  Thanks for your feedback.

Sigarmsp226 

Edited by Sigarmsp226

14 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Johnnymazz - How goes the running of your two DA3000 units?  I ask because I am at a crossroad - I have the funds to purchase a unit now to mount on my RL1100 and if Dillon follows in their typical traditions (has happened every year for the past five years) Dillon will implement a price increase come January 1, 2023 somewhere between 5% to 10% and that is a significant amount on a DA3000 unit.  If your units are still running good I may go ahead and pull the trigger on a unit now.  Thanks for your feedback.

Sigarmsp226 

All good bro. Buy one !

On 9/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, ddc said:

I've had poor results getting responses to email.

I think you'll get quicker results calling them. Sitting on hold sucks but I get lucky on occasion. 

I recently need a part for my Dillon 650. 

I sent an email on Saturday and got a response Monday morning. 

Had the parts by Friday. 

I asked for the worn parts and they sent the whole assembly. 

IMG_20221008_181335639.thumb.jpg.b435dc791ef637c654188a898d124207.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Johnnymazz said:

All kidding aside both my Dillon autodrives are working flawlessly. I just finished priming 10,000 cases. I shoot 20,000 rounds a year so my machines get a good workout.

I have followed your posts with great interest since I so want to automate before next season.  Wondering if you ever do full processing on one of your DA3000s?  I'm currently loading fully processed, unprimed brass; so I'm utilizing the RL1100's full capabilities except for depriming.  Just curious if you would still recommend the DA3000 vs say the M7 autodrive, for single pass processing?  Of course I can't remember if you've owned an M7 drive or not......

Also, do you find the requirement to recenter the press at BDC prior to restarting automation an aggravation/inconvenience?  Or is it just something your accept and integrate into your various processing routines?

🤔

8 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

I have followed your posts with great interest since I so want to automate before next season.  Wondering if you ever do full processing on one of your DA3000s?  I'm currently loading fully processed, unprimed brass; so I'm utilizing the RL1100's full capabilities except for depriming.  Just curious if you would still recommend the DA3000 vs say the M7 autodrive, for single pass processing?  Of course I can't remember if you've owned an M7 drive or not......

Also, do you find the requirement to recenter the press at BDC prior to restarting automation an aggravation/inconvenience?  Or is it just something your accept and integrate into your various processing routines?

🤔

Not a big deal to recenter the press. I have my CP2000 machine running on an Ammobot for now. I would recommend getting one to process brass.

314999577_1074891319852702_7873503453217592515_n.jpg

8 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

🤔

Hogrider I have a complete system for going from fired brass to loaded. My steps are as follows. Fired range brass gets sorted and cleaned in corn cobb for 1 hour. 

313876983_502954651876506_5489062226353305119_n.jpg

4 hours ago, Johnnymazz said:

2. Rollsizer Decapper

3. Rollsized

4. Wet cleaned in my ultrasonic for 15 minutes

5. Case drier for 2 hours

6. Processed on my Cp2000

7. Cases get primed only on my dedicated Rl1100

8. Powder and bullets on my dedicated RL11000.

Very impressive setup!  Thanks for sharing your equipment and procedures!

👍:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, Johnnymazz said:

All good bro. Buy one !

Pulled this trigger today - sent all of my saved “gun and ammo fund”. - I wanted to get my order in before any possible 2023 price increase - if Dillon has one….More to come as I get it in (said two to three weeks lead time on shipping) and get it set up.  This is going to be a totally new adventure for me but I think it is going to be fun….and it is going to save me some time and wear and tear on my body in the long run…

Thanks again Johnnymazz for the recommendation and your posts related to how happy you are with your two units. 

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Pulled this trigger today - sent all of my saved “gun and ammo fund”. - I wanted to get my order in before any possible 2023 price increase - if Dillon has one….More to come as I get it in (said two to three weeks lead time on shipping) and get it set up.  This is going to be a totally new adventure for me but I think it is going to be fun….and it is going to save me some time and wear and tear on my body in the long run…

Thanks again Johnnymazz for the recommendation and your posts related to how happy you are with your two units. 

Np bro, you will enjoy it, runs smooth as butter

• 2 weeks later...