Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adding grease zerks on a Dillon press

Greetings all,

Somewhere on our huge interweb I saw someone selling Dillon 1050 lower parts that had a grease zerk on it. I’ve looked and looked and can’t find it. Can someone point me to these? It seems to make sense to be able to reapply grease without taking the whole lower half apart. Thanks.

15 hours ago, N7VY said:

Greetings all,

Somewhere on our huge interweb I saw someone selling Dillon 1050 lower parts that had a grease zerk on it. I’ve looked and looked and can’t find it. Can someone point me to these? It seems to make sense to be able to reapply grease without taking the whole lower half apart. Thanks.

Somewhere on here I thought someone mentioned sending their press back to have zerks installed. 

Edited by Farmer
Stupid auto correct

I had that done on a 550 and 650 that were going back for a refresher anyway.  IIRC, they did it for free.  You can buy just the bearing with the zerks installed, but its easier to let them do it unless you have the tools to do it right.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:24 PM, ltdmstr said:

That's pretty strange.  I have four 1050s and all of them came with grease fittings on the bottom end.

I have a very early model RL1050 that is nickel plated (I was told it was one of the first 500 that were made).

The connecting rod (disk thing) is also nickle plated, but without zerk fittings.  I'll have to get a pic next time I see it.