Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire open pistol mount for holosun 510c

kooyahdesigns

9 hours ago, Chillywig said:

This place has some cool mounts. Not sure if any that are listed here would work with holosun. Maybe they will make a base for you if they don't have something that would work already...

https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/parts-for-rugerreg-mkiii--mkiv-2245trade--2245-litereg.html

i will look into it. Thanks I really appreciate it

7 hours ago, open17 said:

Not that familiar with the sight.  Would it fit on one of these? (Tandemkross Shadow Mount)
TANDEMKROSS Shadow Mount V2.0 For Ruger 22/45, Black, TK02N0340BLK1

Its normally a rifle sight. I had emailed tandemkross anout this mount and they have not gotten back to me yet. I will update once i hear from them

On 1/7/2022 at 2:50 AM, kooyahdesigns said:

I wonder If I can buy a blank one and just drill and tap for the 510c footprint and do it myself? thanks for the heads up

The Holosun is screwed in from the bottom and not from the top. Wouldn't that be a problem for mounts like the Maddmacs and the Tandemkross: When you have screwed the Holosun to the mount, I wonder if you're still able to screw the mount to the gun since the sight is so big.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, beastyboy said:

The Holosun is screwed in from the bottom and not from the top. Wouldn't that be a problem for mounts like the Maddmacs and the Tandemkross: When you have screwed the Holosun to the mount, I wonder if you're still able to screw the mount to the gun since the sight is so big.

i was thinking the same thing. I might just have to get someone to make me a custom mount for it. I will report back my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

As noted, the 510's mounting screws enter from the bottom so the sight has to be bolted to the base before the base is fastened to the gun.  Therefore, the receiver or slide mounting holes in the base (and the holes in the gun) have to be far enough apart to completely clear the sight.  Taccom makes a suitable base for the Ruger 10/22 but most pistol mount holes aren't far enough apart to allow this.

5 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

As noted, the 510's mounting screws enter from the bottom so the sight has to be bolted to the base before the base is fastened to the gun.  Therefore, the receiver or slide mounting holes in the base (and the holes in the gun) have to be far enough apart to completely clear the sight.  Taccom makes a suitable base for the Ruger 10/22 but most pistol mount holes aren't far enough apart to allow this.

yeah I was looking into it and the fact that it screws from the bottom makes it hard. 

• 3 weeks later...