Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest Angle

Squirrel45

I presume, if you could, measure the best leverage the angle gives you. Next I would think the best position to get an easy and strong grip at draw and presentation. 

I would have preferred if my thumb rest has horizontal serrations instead of vertical ones, so as to get more bite on the thumb at recoil verses being able to slide along my thumb. However, the designer has been doing it a while so maybe it would have torn my thumb up over an extended period of fire. 

Are there any systems out there that allow change of angle?

17 hours ago, Snoopy47 said:

I presume, if you could, measure the best leverage the angle gives you. Next I would think the best position to get an easy and strong grip at draw and presentation. 

I would have preferred if my thumb rest has horizontal serrations instead of vertical ones, so as to get more bite on the thumb at recoil verses being able to slide along my thumb. However, the designer has been doing it a while so maybe it would have torn my thumb up over an extended period of fire. 

Are there any systems out there that allow change of angle?

The new SVI one. Not sure if it’s on their website yet but you can see pics on their Instagram and it comes on their new guns. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:46 PM, Posvar said:

The Range Panda one is pretty awesome. I’ve tried many others and have settled on this one. 

A little late to this party, but that's what happens when you finally make it past the first page of the forum.  Plus I like thread necromancy.

I also like the RP thumb rest.  I actually bought one on a whim while I was getting a couple of things for my press.  Saw it and thought "that looks interesting," installed it and immediately ordered a second for my back up gun.  I had been using Akai's thumb rest.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's convex as opposed to flat or if it's the angle, but my support hand definitely likes it better.  I feel like I'm able to apply more overall grip pressure, which is probably a me/my hand thing, but I like them a lot.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:55 AM, clw42 said:

A little late to this party, but that's what happens when you finally make it past the first page of the forum.  Plus I like thread necromancy.

I also like the RP thumb rest.  I actually bought one on a whim while I was getting a couple of things for my press.  Saw it and thought "that looks interesting," installed it and immediately ordered a second for my back up gun.  I had been using Akai's thumb rest.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's convex as opposed to flat or if it's the angle, but my support hand definitely likes it better.  I feel like I'm able to apply more overall grip pressure, which is probably a me/my hand thing, but I like them a lot.

So glad you stumbled on this and like it. The RP website is dangerous as I always end up getting more than planned.