Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ADDING Weight to TSO

MuayThaiJJ

My 2011s all have steel grips, the Cheely I like the best. Lots of weight at the base and not the muzzle so it feels solid. I am thinking of the brass magwell and grip combo but want to see if someone actually tried a few and found the best combo

6 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

My 2011s all have steel grips, the Cheely I like the best. Lots of weight at the base and not the muzzle so it feels solid. I am thinking of the brass magwell and grip combo but want to see if someone actually tried a few and found the best combo

I’ve been using the Lok palm swell brass grips on my Czechmates. The short cut version for factory magwell adds about 6.5oz and balances quite well. I also recently got an Eamann Tech brass magwell to test out which adds another 3.5oz and the balance feels amazing with that, but it’s quite a lot of weight to add. 

Just now, regor said:

I’ve been using the Lok palm swell brass grips on my Czechmates. The short cut version for factory magwell adds about 6.5oz and balances quite well. I also recently got an Eamann Tech brass magwell to test out which adds another 3.5oz and the balance feels amazing with that, but it’s quite a lot of weight to add. 

Perfect, this is exactly the combo I was considering.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I just saw that Toni Systems makes a gorgeous magwell in brass for the TSO/czechmate.  I'm really impressed with their product designs.  Everything else I see is so utilitarian in design.  

Be forewarned if you go with the Toni system magwells that your current basepads may have interference with the magwell before seating high enough for the slide to strip rounds from the mag. 

It’s absolutely massive but I had to take a good bit of metal out of the inside for my TF basepads to not hit. If you went with Toni basepads as well probably wouldn’t be a problem. 

C77EECB9-C45C-47FC-8031-55A34C7C9A47.jpeg

• 1 month later...

ULShooter,

Did you have to trim your (I'm assuming, short version) grips to fit to the magwell?  I really want that magwell, and I'm wondering if I will need the Toni grips for there to be a proper fit between the magwell and grips.  Toni Systems makes the X3D grips with a palm swell, but I just don't know if they are thick enough for me.  I know that Armanov spidergo thick grips would work for me, but I don't like the idea of trimming aluminum grips.  It aint hard, I know, but after spending $200 on grips and magwell I want it to look nice.  

Also, in the pic it looks like there is a surprisingly large gap at the backstrap. Can the magwell be slid forward to close that gap?   

• 2 weeks later...