Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Name That Builder

Jim Watson

I once saw mention of a 2011 builder who offered the usual decked out expensive race guns but also had a plain Jane shooter for a good bit less money.  Same parts, same fit, but none of the usual cosmetics like roughening of non-grasping surfaces, flutes, panels, borders, flats, premium finishes, etc.

Does that strike a chord? 

On 11/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jim Watson said:

Thanks for the name.
I just wanted to be able to say where you could get a gun not so lavish and expensive as the ones in the lead advertisements.

Tell them to not worry so much on whose name is on the gunnand if it's a name everyone knows. Plenty of great gunsmiths out there that don't charge 5-7k for a very well built 2011 limited or open gun. 

A couple that come to mind are D2 Customs,  Prasky Gunworks, Brazos semi custom line, venom Customs. I can say for sure I'd be willing to have any of their guns. 

40 minutes ago, Sarge said:
From Bobby,
We called it the Solution. That was a model offered to replace the STI Edge when they discontinued that model. We offered a similar optioned gun for the same price.

if it's similar to the edge, it's not the same as fancy custom guns. STI was hit and miss as to whether you got a well-built accurate tight gun or a monday morning hangover rattle can. I still have one really nice Edge (sold two pretty average ones), and 2 awesom trojans, and 1 kinda meh trojan and 1 9mm gun that is reliable but no more accurate than a P320.

Probably cheaper to just buy 1 nice gun that shoots very tight groups and has a nice trigger and runs right from the start.

Edited by motosapiens

• 3 weeks later...