Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot comp

Bakerjd

So on the advice of Chandler Lafrain I decided to try some of this ramshot comp for 9 minor. I had been using titegroup since started reloading this year and was a bit hesitant to start changing things on the press since I had help setting everything up and wasn't 100% sure how to adjust the dies and clean the powder measure. Well I decided to take it really slow and probably over cleaned the powder measure and dies but I have been 100% happy with the result. WAY less smoke, like night and day difference. Meters so much better. I set the powder drop for 3.82gn on 5 10 round average tests. And have checked random drops every so often in the last 2000 rounds and each one was 3.8gn. Never got that with TG. Case fill is much easier to see when loading. For me recoil seems to be the same. I loaded a couple mags in my p320 legion out of a bucket of random rounds from the TG and Ramshot comp loads and couldn't tell a difference at all. Only difference was the TG had SNS bullets and the ramshot comp load had BBI bullets. 

My load data incase anyone ever wonders

135gn BBI rn coated bullet

CCI spp

1.129OAL

3.82GN Ramshot Comp

10 shot average 130PF. 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:16 PM, radny97 said:

I love Ramshot Competition. One of the best reloading secrets out there. Excellent in 38 too. 

I here it's great in 40 also but I haven't set up the tool head for 40 yet. 

On 11/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, twodownzero said:

I'll be ordering an 8 pounder to replace my beloved Solo 1000 when they become available again.  I plan to use it for cowboy action as well.

Got me all excited for a second man! I'd love to get an 8lb jug. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, NWcityguy2 said:

I've used Comp for 45 major, 40 minor and 9mm minor in my pcc.  Never tried it for 9 minor in a pistol length barrel though.  

I've largely switched to Nitro 100NF for my applications though as it's proven better over the chrono.

Better how? Is accuracy same, better?

• 3 weeks later...

Little update. Went to reset the press for 9 major and happen to decide to check the powder drop on one of the last few rounds for minor before taking the powder measure off. After 4k+ rounds it was a perfect 3.8gn drop. For me it's safe to say I won't be going back to TG unless I run out of RS comp and all the ammo I have loaded with it. I LOVE it.

• 3 weeks later...