Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help identifying this RL1100 part???

Ok, so I was processing brass, at a rapid, but manual rate, and a case spit out of the case feeder sideways along with the part in the picture. No, not the dime, the other part. I can’t find it in the manual, can anyone help identify where it could have come from???

thanks. 

0DB19C05-3B7D-476A-8498-A5786F030066.jpeg

You guys are both right.  I actually made the discovery myself a few minutes ago.  I noticed it was missing.  I have a Dillon sizing/decapping die in station 7 of my processing tool head and that's where it came from.  When I pulled the die and took it apart to inspect, I also noticed that the end cap that holds the decapping pin secure had stripped the center part it attaches to (see attached pic).  I just submitted a warranty replacement request to Dillon.

Thank you all for the quick responses, I was searching everywhere on my press, and in the manual for about 30 minutes before posting here.  Very much appreciated.

IMG_8668.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a pack of 100 of those E clips from Mcmaster Carr or zoro. Best way to replace them is leave die set on press. Run a case into the die to the point it lifts the decapper rod exposing the slot where the E clip resides, and hold it there. Click new clip into place, keep on trucking.

2 hours ago, ezra650 said:

I bought a pack of 100 of those E clips from Mcmaster Carr or zoro. Best way to replace them is leave die set on press. Run a case into the die to the point it lifts the decapper rod exposing the slot where the E clip resides, and hold it there. Click new clip into place, keep on trucking.

Great idea, thanks for that tip. 

4 hours ago, Brooke said:

Its a 1/4 inch e-clip Available at Lowes or Home Depot cheap  You will need them often so buy a few. Get some e-clip pliers too. Cheap and make the replacement easy 

Thanks. Do you really need them often?  This is the first one I’ve broken in 25 years. 

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

Thanks. Do you really need them often?  This is the first one I’ve broken in 25 years. 

Nope, not often needed. I found when I have spare parts things stop breaking. 🤔

In reality I stopped using the decapping feature of sizing dies and do it in a separate station using a recapping die. For my 1050 I recently added the FW Arms self center die. Priced right and a thing of beauty.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/f-w-arms-auto-center-decapper/

On 11/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, Cuz said:

Youre awful lucky. If I use a Dillon decapping die Ill break them randomly every few months. They are so cheap they generally come in a package of 3. Having one beats heck out of needing one.