Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question... do you get all the apps until the deadline, than if there's more than 200, draw the first 200, to see who gets in?

I will accept all applications post marked on or AFTER December 1st. If anyone sends in their application before then, I will return it (this would be a bad thing :( ). There is no deadline to send in your application. There will be a waiting list - this will NOT be any sort of lottery. If you haven't heard from your shooting buddies, last year we "sold-out" in 17 days and then started a waiting list. If you are planning on sending your app to me via overnight courier, I would suggest that you opt out of acquiring a signature. This will delay the delivery of your app and you might find yourself on the waiting list. :angry:

If you need any more clarification... email me - or talk with anyone that shot the match last year.

A2Chic :ph34r:

rlamarca@cox.net

ARE YOU READY!?!?! ... Stand by... - MAIL IN YOUR APP!! (after Dec. 1)

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Regarding a complaint about the prize table:

Q: I shot the match this year (2005) and loved it. I shot in Tactical Iron, I wanted to know is this year will there be a prize table for the Iron class. I didn't think it was fair to have the same prize table for scoped and non scope rifle competitors (or this could be Heavy Metal Pump vs. Heavy Metal Auto)?

A: The Tactical points system (and also Heavy Metal) is set up dependant upon whether you're shooting a rifle or not (or shotgun or not) - so the complaint about shooting against the scoped guys (auto vs. pump) is not valid. The top guy (lowest time) in Tactical Iron (or Heavy Metal - Pump) will be awarded 100 points. The top guy (lowest time) in Tactical Scoped (or Heavy Metal - Auto) will be awarded 100 points - on the same stage. When the match is totaled, points are taken from different columns on my spread sheet dependant upon which division you have opted to shoot.

If you need further clarification, please let me know.

Regarding a complaint about the prize table...

Geez, I thought it is about the love...of shooting competitively and to measure one's self against the top dogs. I heard the same at this year's RM3G match. You just can't please everyone anymore.

BTW...how big is the prize table??? :D Just kidding.

Regarding a complaint about the prize table...

Geez, I thought it is about the love...of shooting competitively and to measure one's self against the top dogs. I heard the same at this year's RM3G match. You just can't please everyone anymore.

BTW...how big is the prize table??? :D Just kidding.

24"x720" :P

Quote from Lawman

Application is up on the web page now.

=======================

REMINDER...

New web site SMM3Gun Home Page

=======================

Quote from jhqtyre:

24"x720" :P

=======================

LOL - very funny, jhqtyre!

A2Chic

rlamarca@cox.net

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

First time filling out the application.

Under sights can I just put "Optic" and "Iron" or does it need to be more specific (i.e. brand and model #)?

The section on the form marked "Circle All That Apply" - circle Tactical Scoped - or - Tactical Iron. In the bottom section, for your rifle - put the Make, Model and Caliber of your rifle. In the "Sights" section, for Tactical Iron - putting "Iron" is appropriate. If you are shooting any sort of optics - you must be specific and list what you will be using on your rifle for the match. In Open, you must list all optics, but not change your configuration - per the IMA 12/08/2004 rule 5.5 "Competitors will not reconfigure any firearm during the course of a match. (i.e. change caliber, barrel length, shotgun magazine tube length, sighting systems or stock style.) This will be considered Unsportsmanlike conduct" - "A participant shall be disqualified for unsportsman-like conduct" (IMA 12/08/2004 rule 2.5). (See also IMA 12/08/2004 rule 2.5.1[c] "Altering the configuration of firearms or equipment to gain advantage") In Tactical Scoped, you may only have one optic on your rifle. See the IMA 12/08/2004 rule 6.5.3 "Tactical Class scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than one (1) optical sight". A complete set of rules is available on the web site: SMM3Gun Home Page and follow the link to the rules page: SMM3Gun IMA Rules 12-08-2004

If you have any other rules questions, please contact the match directors via the contacts web page: SMM3Gun Contacts

Amazing! Was looking forward shooting it :( . Waiting list in case of cancellations?

Anyone wishing to be put on the waiting list must mail a completed application along with associated fees. Your check will not be cashed until there is a place for you - AND - I have contacted you to confirm that you still want to shoot the match.

Great match. Well run and I love going. Obviously they know how to put a match together. (Sold out in two days). I foolishly post marked mine from Alabama on Dec 1. Regular mail. I'm not hopeful.

Seems like I remember something about the "price elasticity of demand" in an old Economics class. There's some money being left on the table with this match.

MHearn

Am I the only one that thinks it's really obvious that this match needs to expand? Increase the number of days/stages and let some more people in. It's probably too late this year, but come on, two days? That's silly. I think it would be cool to have the first 3-Gun match with 500 competitors and I bet SMM3G could do it.

My app was received on Dec 2 at 9:49 AM. I'm hoping that was early enough. It would be nice to not have to send it overnight as I'm sure a lot of folks did.

Once again, I am unable to participate in this lottery for a slot called SMM3G. I cannot say whether I am able to go to this beastie due to the time off issues in one of our busier months as early as the demand is made here. On principle, I won't pony up in advance for a chance at a slot in a free for all. Rather like PowerBall eh, you pays your money and you takes your chances. Not my idea of a match entry process. Getting deer tags in an X zone here in California is an easier process ;-)

Yeah, I know they don't cash the check until you are in, it's just the whole process that sux ;-/

i agree with geoff...while i would love to shoot this match, i'm not going to go thru all the hassle associated with mailing an application and crossing one's fingers. as chuck said earlier, this match could be much bigger...maybe next year.

YGBFKM

No I'm not kidding you. I enjoy helping with the match, registration and stats. What I don't like are people that complain that we're either doing too good of a job, or that we're not doing a good enough job - or that we're poorly run - sometimes all in the same breathe. How do you keep a match from filling up in less than a week? ... Run it like poo?

GMAB!

I didn't say any of that.

All I'm saying is that it is frustrating that one must apparently scan BE for SMM3G related threads througout the fall and then hit a 2-day window which starts 11 days after the registration date was posted.

If you want a (another) constructive suggestion, post the registration date a couple MONTHS before it opens, not 11 days.

Today was the first time I saw this thread, and the announcement. After hearing 2005 was a big improvement over 2004, I was planning to attend in '06.

That is all.