Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 10x bushing came out. Pin still in place

Nathanb

Interesting situation. Had the 10x bushing come out of my gun the other day while on a practice session. Front sight and pin were both retained. No damage to the bushing or front sight. Pin had what looked like finish wear but other than that seemed ok. 

anyone had this happen?  My only guess is the bushing wasn’t as flush as it was supposed to be and that’s what caused it. I’ve made sure it’s got a new pin and flush as it gets this time but im looking for a confidence boost that the idiot behind the gun screwed this up

One thing to remember is, that front sight pin is a one and done pin. You should just replace it every time you swap it. I know people don’t, but it’s best practices to replace them.

I suspect you’re right on not getting it flushed up. I’ve lost the bushing before but the sight pin (and sight) went with it

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, robertwyatt said:

One thing to remember is, that front sight pin is a one and done pin. You should just replace it every time you swap it. I know people don’t, but it’s best practices to replace them.

I suspect you’re right on not getting it flushed up. I’ve lost the bushing before but the sight pin (and sight) went with it

Well happened again mid match pin wore down flat and allowed the bushing to launch. Luckily I found the bushing but I think there’s an issue with my slide or my bushing and it’s time to call cgw for input.  

I know this was installed properly so I’m not sure what’s going on. 

round count was maybe 150 rounds 

Crack may be wrong terminology. More like chip. Let me get some pics up. 

my guess is it was like this from new. Which is why it took 700 rounds to launch and then just over 100 to launch again 

It does line up. The only thought I had on this is there was a slight tolerance issue in the channel and it allowed just a tiny bit of movement of the pin and caused the pin to flatten and lead to the chip

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing factual to correlate as yet. Just informally compiling data. Every time I hear of things breaking on CZ's I like to dig into what changes have been made. This pin and slide stops seem to be somewhat common to competition pistols. So far, informally, it seems to happen an awful lot in pistols run with lighter springs.

Got it. I could see that slide stop as it’s an impact part but this one shouldn’t be if machined properly. I think the channel had a slight imperfection in the machine work and it allowed the pin to move.  Test fire wouldn’t pick it up and it took several hundred rounds to dislodge 

• 1 month later...

For those interested I got the slide back with no fix. Was told it was supposed to look like that. They used red loc tite on the bushing and stuck a new pin in. I’ve got roughly 300 rounds on it and it seems to be holding. Let’s see for how long 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, Nathanb said:

For those interested I got the slide back with no fix. Was told it was supposed to look like that. They used red loc tite on the bushing and stuck a new pin in. I’ve got roughly 300 rounds on it and it seems to be holding. Let’s see for how long 

I’m interested, who is they though, I’m not tracking or missed who did the work for you. Cajun perhaps?