Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, whose is IN?

WE had a great time last week at the South Florida Section with a BUNCH of BE'ers on the squad, so let's try to do it again. I am sure with some arm twisting and early planning Wadette will be able accommodate us if we say, PLEEZ!!! :D

I would guess that some of us, no names here, are gonna want to shoot supersquad, but for those of us that are mere mortals, let's try to work it out.

Like the South Florida Section Dinner, I am willing to compile the names here and then get a list to Wadette, but we will need to do this faily early otherwise whe will not be able to work it out. SO, stop procrastinating and let's hear from ya!

Please just PM me your real names to match your screen names for the info to go to Wadette!

List so far includes:

Zhunter Sat & Sun

Akidale Sat & Sun

Radical Precision Designs

Brundoggie Sat & Sun

DirtyPool40 Sat & Sun

Openmike Sat & Sun

Boo Radley Sat & Sun

OK, I just received an e-mail from Wadette, who if you are not aware, is the brains and hard work behind the scenes of all the big matches in Florida!!!

Anyway, Wadette has offered to hold a squad for us BE'ers, so you need to do 2 things!!!!

1) Notify me via this thread and via PM, for the days you plan to shoot, i.e. all day Friday, or Sat. & Sun!!!!

2) ON you MATCH APPLICATION, make a not that you want to be on the BE SQUAD!!!!

She will do a squad of 10, maybe up to 12 if we have too many!!!!

So, man up and let me know if you wnat to be a part of the BEnoverse Squad!!!

Edited by zhunter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my mom and my sister live in Avon Park, about fifteen minutes from Frank's place.

I was kind of extremely late catching up with the South Fla. Sectional/ Brian Haas match, and don't wish to repeat the same mistake again.

So, if you put my name on the list as for squadding or anything else, I will be very happy to join in with y'all derelicts.

My "real name" is below, and that's my real picture taken by a forum member at the recent "Monster Match" at Frank Garcia's place. Many of my good friends and acquaintances also refer to me as "RadCat". Again, if I can help with anything, just ask.

I like the full experience. Watch some shooters Friday, take my time and look at the stages, BS with the shooters, make new friends, see old friends, check out the venders tables and staying for the awards. Friday night I'm like a kid the night before Christmas.

Is it February yet?

Ronnie

Is this going to be a point series match?

John, since nobody answered this...I'll tell you what I don't know. :)

The FL Open ad in Front Sight doesn't mention it being a point series. I don't think it would meet the requirements (being a Level 1 match), but after reading a bit closer on the USPSA site...it looks like it could be.

I WAS a point series match in 2005. (listed on the USPSA site, anyways)

If I use up the last of my Delta ff air miles, I can make it down, and back again, too, and have a ticket reserved on a 40-day hold.

I have never shot any large match, besides our State's sectional, and given the travel costs and entry fee(!), could probably only make one, next year....Is it a pretty good match? Looking at the past results, there are some pretty big names. What is the round count? About 300? I imagine that's fine to bring on the plane? If one shoots Sat/Sun, what are the approx. start and stop times?

Hi Steve

You asked if it's a good match. Read my postings on page 10, WOW FL OPEN, page 4. I think I had 2 or three at the end of that page. If you ask me I'd say dont miss the Fl, Open or Area 6. I think there were over 400 competitors at each match last year. Well worth the money for both. Shoot Sadurday & Sunday for the full experience.

Ronnie