Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Czechmate

BadShot

1 hour ago, BadShot said:

Since CZ now has a Shadow 2 and Tactical Sport 2, is there a Czechmate 2 on the horizon?

If there will be one, CZ will most likely install the current Czechmate slide on the TS2 frame. 

4 hours ago, my00wrx1 said:

There has been talk about this for over 2 years

Glock engineers designed it within six months. from 0.
How long does it take to make minimal changes to an existing gun?  this is not a plane. 😉

On 8/8/2021 at 11:47 AM, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I don’t think they compete against many custom 2011 over there. 
if they did I’m sure it would drive more innovation in there me guns. 

With a quicker development and production timeline. 

I do not think it is a priority for CZ.  They make over 500,000 firearms a year and I would guess zeropointsomething% would be Czechmates.

30 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I'm guessing the real difference will be a completely redesigned comp and maybe popple holes.  The old comp not being as effective as modern 2011 comps, and the need for constant tuning of the big stick mags are the only 2 issues I'm aware of with the czechmates.  

Nothing would make the Czechmate less desirable than holes in the barrel for me. I'd assume they are going to stick with current mags and therefore limit it to 9 major. Cramming more powder in a 9mm case to get back speed lost from holes isn't my idea of fun. 

CZ has made a bunch of improvements and remedied issues from older designes with the S2 and now TS2. The slide stop pin redesign seems to have fixed breakages there. The new grip angle and texture are bomb. The new design trigger return springs last much longer. 

The Czechmate has been 1 of 3 Open guns I've enjoyed shooting out of probably 50 I've had a chance to shoot. The other two were 38 SC 2011 style guns. One was a minor only Steel Challenge gun and the other was a 38 SC major PF setup running 124's and no holes. Like a lot of shooters that picked up CO the trend of increasing concussion in exchange for reduced vertical dot movement has not been appealing. I'm very much happy with a predictable dot sans grenades going off in my face. 

Looking at Eric's Facebook photos the Czechmate he is using has the standard comp except that it has two poppels instead of the port closest to the barrel. So 3 ports and 2 poppels instead of the 4 ports.

Instead of the standard C More it has the small type red dot.

I wish he would have mentioned what other features he changed from the standard version.

Edited by PhotoRecon
Spelling