Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larry Bullock

chuckbradley

Here is the newspaper article. Larry was Area 3 Director for USPSA and used to put on some of the best matches I ever attended. Some of my fondest memories of IPSC Shooting come from Area 3 matches Larry was involved with. He was the type that went against the grain and got things done. Some didnt liek him for it but it was one of the reasons I liked Larry.

WARREN COUNTY: Motorist is killed when SUV hits stopped truck

Larry Bullock of Jefferson City, 50, was killed about 5 p.m. Saturday when the sports utility vehicle he was driving struck the rear of a stopped tractor-trailer in the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 near the Truxton exit in Warren County, the Missouri Highway Patrol reported.

The highway was slick at the time from a light rain, authorities said. The patrol said the truck had stopped to avoid an earlier accident. The truck driver was uninjured.

I met Larry once...he was the type of guy that once you met him, he left an impression on you that you never forgot.

He refused to "tow the company line" and stuck up for what was right regardless of the consequences. He was a man of strong, unwavering conviction and an advocate for the average shooter/competitor...especially within the USPSA Community.

He will surely be missed. :(

Larry was the type who never forgot a face or name. Chuck is right, Larry put on some of the best matches. Whatever Larry wanted to do Larry did. Against the grain or not, you could count on Larry to do it his way. He did not like secound best.

We have truely lost a great ambassador in our shooting sports.

His family will be in my prayers.

Farewell my friend.

Tony Hawkins

I've known Larry for years. He could be as friendly and helpful a person as you wanted to meet. He could also rub you the wrong way at times. That was his straight forward way. But he did put on great matches and made sure all was where it should be when he ran them.

It is a sad loss to his friends, family, and the shooting sports.

Many people don't know it but Larry supplied the kegs of beer for all the shooters at PASA after the 2004 and 2005 Nationals...

Larry drove around PASA on a golf cart with a huge cooler at the 2005 Nationals and gave ice cold bottled water to all who wanted it...

Larry supplied the hospitality room at the Single Stack Classic in Quincy for all to enjoy...

All of this out of the goodness of his heart, for the enjoyment of the shooters.

Larry was a good man.

Bergie

I was saddened to hear of Larry's death.

Larry helped COPS tremendously when we opened the current range.

COPS will make a $500 contribution to The Abby And Grace Bullock Scholarship Fund.

I need an address to send the check to.

Thanks,

Bob Delp

Central Ozarks Practical Shooters

I've known Larry for many years.. He was a good friend that always had the time to visit. I talked with him at the nationals and at a KC gun show this summer and he mentioned that he had been approached about taking the lead on putting on a major match in 06. I'm sure that it would have been a great match to shoot.

We have lost a true friend. He will be missed.

They are still working out which bank will actually host the trust fund. In the meantime send checks to:

Freeman Mortuary

P.O. Box 95

Jefferson City, MO 65102

573-636-5533

Make the check out to:

THE ABBY AND GRACE BULLOCK SCHOLARSHIP FUND.

Bob Delp