Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear Review: Mark 7 - Primer Xpress on Apex 10 - First Impressions

Video that provides my first impressions on the installation and operation of the Mark 7 Primer Xpress installed on my Apex 10. More Apex10 and PRimer Xpress content to come at a later stage. More interesting Practical Shooting content and polls on the "Community Tab" on my Channel! Let me know in the Comments below what you think of the Apex10 or Primer Xpress! DVC

On 6/23/2021 at 6:50 PM, mpmo said:

I'm shocked at how loud that is.  Audio in video can be deceiving though. 

Yeah if that is really how loud it is ... ouch. Taking that off my Christmas list.

2 hours ago, SJBriggs said:

Thank you for the review. It is much larger and louder than expected. Is it really as loud as it appears to be in the video? Any additional footage of the Xpress in operation?

Hi, I did not modify the audio in the video, so it is what it is 🙂 . As soon as I'm more familiar with it and have made more rounds, I'll make another video.

Hello, everyone. We just installed our Primer Xpress on an in house machine here at Mark 7 Reloading and I can honestly tell you it is not that loud. The cases moving in the feeder are a little louder than the shaker. 

Hard to translate audio on a mobile device, but I might use a simple decibel reading from my phone and report back. 

On 7/6/2021 at 1:33 AM, Scott D. said:

SSGJohnV, does it run intermittent like the case feeder or constantly?

It runs intermittently. Fills the chute and stops once the sensor detects a full ramp. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, erwos said:

I have heard that this thing is hard to clear if something gets down the ramp that shouldn't... thoughts? Very interested in buying one for my Evo.

So far the Primer Xpress runs great, no issues yet. No blocking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...