Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where To Buy Glock Stuff Cheap?

Kimberkid

Ok guys and gals, here is the deal. I have always believed that you cant really wear out a Glock, and that many of the things to be concerned about when buying a used gun, dont apply to Glocks. I dont much care what I looks like as far as finish goes, and most of the little things are getting gutted out as soon as I get it anyways.

I need a 17 to match my 34. However, I need a 3rd Generation frame (i think) whatever the frame is with finger grooves and a light rail. I want it as cheap as possible. What is my cheapest avenue? Police Trade in? Factory Rebuild? LEO price? I have the oppertunity to get it at LEO price, though I dont recall exatly what that price is.

I also need more mags. I want whatever the newest generation mags are (4th?) as they have a bit more taper to them and I have been very happy with the ones I have. What is the cheapest source? I heard someone recently say never pay more than $12-$16. That sounded way low for new mags.

I also am gonna toss in a RS trigger kit, and Dawson/Hienie sights, and the extended mag release to make it identical to my 34. Any idea where the mag release and maybe a couple little factory extra parts to have on hand?

So, everyone cough up your secret ultra bargain sources and lets get this project underway.....

p.s. thanks ya'll

Ok guys and gals, here is the deal. I have always believed that you cant really wear out a Glock, and that many of the things to be concerned about when buying a used gun, dont apply to Glocks. I dont much care what I looks like as far as finish goes, and most of the little things are getting gutted out as soon as I get it anyways.

I need a 17 to match my 34. However, I need a 3rd Generation frame (i think) whatever the frame is with finger grooves and a light rail. I want it as cheap as possible. What is my cheapest avenue? Police Trade in? Factory Rebuild? LEO price? I have the oppertunity to get it at LEO price, though I dont recall exatly what that price is.

I also need more mags. I want whatever the newest generation mags are (4th?) as they have a bit more taper to them and I have been very happy with the ones I have. What is the cheapest source? I heard someone recently say never pay more than $12-$16. That sounded way low for new mags.

I also am gonna toss in a RS trigger kit, and Dawson/Hienie sights, and the extended mag release to make it identical to my 34. Any idea where the mag release and maybe a couple little factory extra parts to have on hand?

So, everyone cough up your secret ultra bargain sources and lets get this project underway.....

p.s. thanks ya'll

Hmm, interesting, I am doing exactly the same thing as I am turning my 34 into an Open gun. I am undecided between the 17 or another 34, so, why did you choose the 17? LEO price in my neck of the woods for a 17 is about $380.00, a 34 is about $480.00, both come with three standard magazines (What we use to call Hi Cap). I have a Vanek Trigger in my 34 with spare springs and a RS trigger standing by, also with spare springs. Good luck, look foward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

John

I've had good luck with a couple of factory rebuilds that I got from Summit Gun Broker. I paid $365 each for a G17 and a G22 with 3 hi-caps each. They look almost new. LEO prices for new are only a little more, but I was specifically wanting 2nd generation frames because I hate finger grooves. Summit sells the mags too and he'd probably go less than Midway if you buy a few at once.

As to why?

I have a 34 that I love. It has the 2nd ever made RS trigger in it, and shoots like a dream. I have a great source of very very cheap 9mm ammo, and when that source dries up, I have a small mountain of once fired 9mm brass and cheap bullets. I want a 17 just because I want another gun that takes all the same gear. My 17 is gonna be a nightstand gun, maybe occasional carry gun, spare IPSC gun for me as a backup, spare to loan to a buddy, girlfriend, or local junior that wants to give it a go. I would get another 34 but it really wouldnt be as versitle. It is sorta stupid to have a "back up Glock" anyways cuz they break so rarely, but it will gimme a little peace of mind when going to a big match that I spent a lot of money on.

Plus, I have a 34, 19, and 27 and a 17 would give me one of every size, cept the L's of course.

AustinMike~ I will check out Summit. If I can get LEO price of about $380-$390 then Ill get that new, as $25 difference for new I am willing to pay, however, I wouldnt pay $50.

Be careful with Botach, do a search on them. I use to do business with them. Impossible to get a hold of if you have a problem.

If you can walk in and walk out with product in hand - great, but if you order something over the internet from those guys you will get burnt, it's just a matter of time.

Rick

If you live near Los Angeles and are LE, go to Botach. Glock LE mags for 12.99 (this may be for a limited time). friend of mine was there yesterday.

LAPD Academy has them for $16 I think.

Itchy

Botach is fine over the internet. I have had them put things on backorder without telling me, but a quick call got it removed from the order. I had no trouble calling them. I was a little irritated that they did not tell me that it was backordered. I just knew it was because i did not get an email within a day with a shipping day.

Their mags are not marked LE. They were right after the ban went away, but not since month two after the Ban died.

I jsut order 10 glock mags from them on one of these 12.95 specials. Came to MO in 5 days. They are periodic sales and will be on the website when the deal is active.

otherwise I also buy fromm ivanhoe outlet (ivanhoeoutlet

Their prices have gone up but service is impeccable.

Police trade ins are the same as factory refurbs. the factory refurbs the police trade ins. I ahve one like this in G20 and it is great.

Jeff

In California, high cap magazines are still marked LE/MIL. <_< It's an old pawn shop structure with iron grating around around the front. You have to get buzzed in the front door. I've been down there once, and I kept worrying that my truck would be gone by the time I got out.

Itchy

• 2 years later...

Check out ombexpress.com for low prices on standard glock parts. Low as in $3 for recoil springs and $1 for trigger springs. I think its a great place to built a spare parts kit. Under "vendor" specify "Glock, Inc" an then use the search window above to find what you want. My shipment arrived quickly and w/o problems.

Check out ombexpress.com for low prices on standard glock parts. Low as in $3 for recoil springs and $1 for trigger springs. I think its a great place to built a spare parts kit. Under "vendor" specify "Glock, Inc" an then use the search window above to find what you want. My shipment arrived quickly and w/o problems.

I just did exactly that! $70 in springs, firing pin doo-dads, extractor widgets, etc. I just bought a used G34, so I'm planning to replace any parts that may be past warranty. Very good prices, very fast shipping.

Charles

Edited by nicfit212

So where can one score a G17 cheap, unless my BE'ers happen to be selling one?

Thanks,

Rich

Try http://www.summitgunbroker.com. It's best to call him because he blows through a lot of inventory and doesn't have time to keep his site updated. I've got some great deals on factory refurbs and police trade-ins from him.