Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iowa Revolver-only Championship (iroc?)

Carmoney

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, we are just to the east of Springfield, Nebraska, so you should have no trouble finding us.

;)

OK Mike, I guess I need to broaden my horizons. If I can get off this sand bar, I would like to make the trip. I think a weekend of shooting is worth the trip but a day of shooting is not.

With that in mind, I would like to see a Friday Saturday single stak and a Sunday revolver OR Friday Staurday three gun and Sunday revolver Now that would be a time :D

Either way, I have to see how bad I embarrass myself this coming year at Area 7 and AWARE before I travelk too far.

Keep us posted,

Mike, I just saw this thread. You know I am in and will help with the match organization. I will also offer the Lowell Range for the match as well. It is not as convenient or close to Des Moines as OOPS, but the BIG DAWG attendees didnt seem to mind!

Whatever I can do let me know!

Doug Carden

Revoman: Even if we made you take off the scope?? ;)

Even if I had to shoot blindfolded and between my legs. I picked up a 5" S&W 610 just for USPSA. Should be good to go some time this winter. Dropping on a new sight and working on the trigger to smooth it up.

Revoman,

Welcome to the forums, we need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!

Don't mind Carmoney, he is still young and has good eyes.

;)

HOPALONG

Revoman already knows how young and dynamic I am, Hop. What he may not realize is that you are even younger than me. I suppose the kind of life you've had to endure down there in Rammer, Tennessee tends to age a guy prematurely.....

I'd sure try and do it if it were a match by itself and I was free!!

manny

EB, we might just have to stick a classifier in there and turn you into a Revolver Master!!

:D

Revoman, now that you're here, I think we should use this photo as our inaugural revolver forum "You Write the Caption" contest:

"Ok, at the sound of the buzzer you count to 100 and then come find us."

• 3 weeks later...

My son and I would both attend, as long as it doesn't conflict with any major USPSA matches in the same area. (Nats, Area 5, Single Stack Classic)

We are located just North of the Quad Cities.

If any of the stages were USPSA Classifiers that would help to double dip on the shoot.

I think most of the ideas you had here sound good. 6 shooters should not get disadvantaged. I also like the idea of something extra for non-full moon shooters.

I will follow the thread if you come up with anything.

Jim Carr

The general concept of the Iowa Revolver-Only Championship match has been approved. It will be shot on the Sunday of our Single-Stack match weekend, with the stages adjusted somewhat, at the OOPS range near Osceola, Iowa.

For those who would like to shoot both matches, this will be a neat opportunity to test your "old school" handgun skills--shooting ten stages with your single-stack 1911 on Fri. or Sat., then shooting ten simlilar stages with the revo on Sunday! Entry fees will be $50 or less per match.

The dates have not been finalized, but will be in the Fall of 2006, sometime well after the USPSA R/L/L10 Nationals. I have spoken with Hopalong about the possibility of this conflicting with his Southern Revolver Championship concept, and he tells me his match will probably be run in the Spring of 2007, and so he has given me his blessings on this.

Dates, additional details, and (eventually) entry forms will be posted here sometime in January, so stay tuned.

Mike

Any chance of reduced fee for shooting both?

Mark me down for the Revo side though, Be interesting to see some of the auto Hot Dogs switching, hope they do.

Maybe you should contact S&W, Ruger or Taurus and try to get a Revo to give away by drawing. Maybe an RLee certificate (or a full blown Match Gun, "droooooooool").

Either way it sounds like a blast.

Dave

Dang, Mike, in the fall? You just wiped out this teacher's attendance. :( In the best of all possible worlds, it would've been during the June/July time frame. Now you guys won't be able to see the slowest single stack/speedloader-revolver shooter the world has ever known!