Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

optics ready 9mm

looking for s 9mm optics ready target pistol for my wife, recently she went thru some cancer after the chemo and rad treatments, it took a tool on her overall strength. so after we started shooting again she was having s hard time racking her 9mm semi's. so i get her a S&W shield 9mm EZ slide, no problems, i let her shoot my Canik TP9SFX it came with a Vortex optics, she is barley able to rack it but she gets by and she shoots it accurate, but i can see it is a big gun for her, i would tickled if the Shield EZ slide was available ready for optics, so now i am looking for some input a new 9mm semi to get her that is optics ready, she has a Walthers PPQ, so will probably trade it in on something else, so far been looking at the Glock 19 MOS and the canik tp9 ELITE sc, is there anything else that i can check out, i was thinking of that optics mount that goes in the rear sight dovetail on the EZ slide but i don't feel it would hold up.

thanks
chet

Canik tp9sfx, not really expensive good gun shoots great, will need some upgrades to recoil spring maybe trigger.

Edited by EEH

Just now, EEH said:

Canik tp9sfx, not really expensive good gun shoots great, will need some upgrades to recoil spring maybe trigger.

CZ P-10F OR.

Comes with the absolute best optic mounting system in the business.  It's stupidly accurate.  Its trigger needs nothing to be acceptable for competition use.  It's very flat shooting and adaptable to a wide range of hands.  It's dumb easy to take apart for maintenance.

All it really needs are skateboard tape on the grip (or stippling or silicon carbide) and a lighter recoil spring from Cajun Gun Works.

All of the above also applies to the P-10C OR.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

23 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

CZ P-10F OR.

Comes with the absolute best optic mounting system in the business.  It's stupidly accurate.  Its trigger needs nothing to be acceptable for competition use.  It's very flat shooting and adaptable to a wide range of hands.  It's dumb easy to take apart for maintenance.

All it really needs are skateboard tape on the grip (or stippling or silicon carbide) and a lighter recoil spring from Cajun Gun Works.

All of the above also applies to the P-10C OR.

I second this recommendation. The P-10 is very easy to rack, has a good trigger out of the box, and the grip is on the small side.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...