Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 European Rifle Matches:

2006 European Rifle Matches:

I just found out that the 2006 Nordic Rifle Championship and the 2006 Finland National Rifle Championship dates have been set for 2006.

The Northern Europeans are no slouches with their rifles and some tough competition is to be had over there. The opportunity to do some world class sightseeing is not to be overlooked either.

Here is some info from the 2005 Nordic Rifle Championship: http://www.hamar-praktiske-skyttere.no/

The 2006 Nordic Rifle match dates have been set for May 27-28 and it has been confirmed that it will be held at the Borris Military range in Denmark. Typical for this match is 12 stages at 250+ rounds with distances from 3-300+ meters. The videos at the HPS website from the 2005 Nordic show some interesting shooting situations.

The 2006 Finland National Rifle Championship is slated for July 15-16, 2006 in Hamina, 100 miles north-east of Helsinki. I hear it will be 15 stages and come in at just about 300 rounds with distances up to 300 meters.

The way I see it, if you are gonna lay out big bucks to travel to a match anyway, why not find one that's truly unique and enjoy the trip to boot. I would like to try for the 2006 Nordic in May, but the Finnish Championship in July is better timing for me work-wise.

Anyone else out there interested in heading across the pond with an AR and some MatchKings for a little fun in 2006?

• 2 months later...

OK the Nordic rifle championships are now up on the ipsc.org web site and now we need to know! Kelly, I and Ron Filho are going. Kelly want's to make up a "open" U.S. team, and I want to shoot iron/standard. Any takers to be the third on the open team?? How about it Bear?? George?? if you guys don't want to make it it will force me into shooting open w/ Kelly and Ron, and you guys DON'T want to see that happen do you?? Anyway looks like fun!! KURT

Man, I really want to go and would love to be the 3rd on the open team. I can start the planning, but if a work situation comes up, I would have to cancel out. May is a busy month and even though that week is open now, I am concerned that I will get hosed at the last minute.

Dang, dang, dang. Gonna' hafta' chew on this one a bit. There's no way Kurt should be allowed to shoot open because he might just decide to stay in that Division ;-)

More later.

Update:

I've got my wife interested in the trip and that's more than half the battle. She's looking up the tourist options as I type this. Now to sort out the best way to get a direct flight from the US with my gear.

I will be sending in an app this week too.

Looks like it might just work out :-)

The Danes make great Bacon and are a short hop from England....

I am a USPSA member - can I shoot for the US in Open ?? :ph34r::D

Yes, you can be a part of the American team as far as I'm concerned. Whose stood by the USA (and vice versa) in 2 Gulf wars? 2 World Wars? England!!!! Hopefully IPSC rules will recognize a English speaking Commonwealth Open class Team, but I doubt it.

Maybe we need to field more than one US team. SAO (Semi-Auto Open) and SAS (Semi_Auto Standard) both need representation and there can be more than one team per division from a given region if I read the rules right.

Here is the 2006 Nordic Rifle match website:

http://www.dsf.dk/?Page=serve&PageNumber=1027

The Danes make great Bacon and are a short hop from England....

I am a USPSA member - can I shoot for the US in Open ?? :ph34r::D

Mike

If it's an IPSC match then sorry, no, you can't shoot as part in a US team even if they were daft enough to have you. See Rule 6.5.2.

See guys, I told you I'd get you off the hook. Kurt, you have my address to send the agreed fee. :D

Has anyone done the legal research on how you can attend these matches in Denmark and Finland? What paperwork is involved. I have to go to Sweden and Finland several times a year for work. It would be great if one of these trips coincided with a match. Only problem is figuring how to fly out of JFK with an AR without getting arrested.

Hey Kurt and Kelly N, What division are you guys going to shoot in Borris? I will be shooting open? Is there a team for this match? How many in a team? (4) like the World Shoot and score the best 3 out of 4?

When and where are you guys flying to?

Thanks

Ronald Walter Filho

P.S. Did you guys read on their web site about the 1000yds side match? I just might bring my bolt gun just to have some fun with the Danishes.... :lol:

Kurt you can call Taran Butler and ask him to join your Standard Team, Just tell him that the women over there are beautifull, horny and crazy for fat americans.... :D Tell Taran I said so.

Edited by 01 Z06

Rod and I are looking at it too..any info on flights, how to get all the ammo there, how to get the rifles in, etc, would be appreciated! I am also intersted in the 1000 yd stuff...Also, is there only standard and open? Thanks guys!!

Cheryl :)

Also, is there only standard and open

Yes, only Standard and Open. They also have Standard and Open for manually operated rifles so in effect there are four divisions, but only two most of us would be interested in.

I believe the team setup is three per. I am interested in the open end of things.

I am also looking at what it will take to get there safely with my gear. I am concerned about things like having my AR detained during a baggage transfer in London, or Paris.

So far, it looks like doing a flight change in Houston, Atlanta, or New York at the very worst and then flying direct into Copenhagen will be the safest for gear handling and transfer purposes.

That leaves a couple hundred kilometers in a rental car over to Jutland which looks to be a nice drive if the maps I have looked at are accurate.

Next question will be the Danish regulations for firearms importation and exit.

Anyone got the skinny on that?

DSF / IPSC Denmark

Have the pleasure to invite all IPSC shooters to

nordicrifle_06.jpg

Nordic Rifle Championships 2006

In Borris, Jutland, Denmark

May 27th. and 28th. 2006.

The match is a Level III match and will consist of approx. 14 stages and 200 rounds Semi-auto divisions, 100 rounds manual divisions.

There will be prizes for all divisions provided 5 or more shooters participate in the division. There will be Presidents Medal for the winner in each division provided 10 or more participate in the division.

There will be prizes for all categories provided 3 or more shooters participate in the category.

There will be prizes for best National Teams provided 2 or more teams participate in the division.

Stage design will be as recommended by the January 2006 IPSC Rifle Rules re. size and distance. Max distance will be 300 meters. All stages will have indications of safety angles. Pointing outside these will result in a DQ.

Entry Fee: 100€

Team entry Fee: 60€

Lunch packets will be available at the range, but must be ordered in advance. Price per day: 15€

For further information pls. contact

Match Director

Tim Andersen

P.O.Box 84

DK-2840 Holte

Fax: +45 4541 0444

formand@dsf.dk

Accommodation Hotel

Bechs Hotel in Tarm, will be HQ Hotel. They offer rooms at 85€ for a single room and 115€ for a double room. Breakfast included. They also have a splendid restaurant.

For information and reservations pls. contact the hotel: www.bechshotel.dk

Accommodation at the Range

We can offer accommodation on the Borris Range. All prices are per bed per night. All rooms with toilet & shower.

1 bed room: 60€

2 bed room: 45€

4 bed room: 35€

- included a small breakfast served at the range.

Range Officers

We need IROA - as well as NROI Range Officers to help with the match. We offer accommodation at the range and free meals on match days plus a free pre-match on Fri. May 26th.

We are working on the possibility to host a IROA Level I, alternatively a Rifle Cross-Over IROA course prior to the match. More soon.

For further information pls. contact IROA Instructor / RM Steen Nitschke at nroi@dsf.dk

Side Event: Long Range Shooting

As a side event we shall organize a 1000 yard shoot. More information will follow.

6.2 Match Divisions

6.2.1 IPSC Divisions recognize different firearms and equipment (see Appendix D). Each match must recognize at

least one Division. When multiple Divisions are available in a match, each Division must be scored

separately and independently, and match results must recognize a winner in each Division.

6.2.2 In IPSC sanctioned matches, the minimum number of competitors stipulated in Appendix A2 must compete

in each Division for it to be recognized. If there are insufficient competitors in a Division, the Match

Director may allow that Division to stand without official IPSC recognition.

6.2.3 Prior to the commencement of a match, each competitor must declare one Division for score, and Match

Officials should check competitor equipment compliance with the declared Division, prior to the competitor

making an attempt at any of the courses of fire.

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one

Division. However, the competitor may compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the

first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will not count for match recognition.

6.2.5 Where a Division is unavailable or deleted, or where a competitor fails to declare a specific Division prior to

the commencement of a match, the competitor will be placed in the Division which, in the opinion of the

Range Master, most closely identifies with the competitor's equipment. If, in the opinion of the Range

Master, no suitable Division is available, the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other requirements of a declared

Division during a course of fire, the competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available,

otherwise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

6.2.5.2 A competitor who is classified or reclassified as above must be notified as soon as possible. The

Range Master's decision on these matters is final.

6.2.6 A match disqualification incurred by a competitor, at any time during a match, will prevent the competitor

from further participation in the match including any subsequent attempts in another Division. However, this

is not retroactive. Any previous and complete match scores from another Division will be included for

recognition and awards in that Division.

6.2.7 Recognition of a competitor in a specific Division will not preclude further recognition in a Category or from

inclusion as member of a Regional or other team.

6.3 Match Categories

6.3.1 IPSC matches may include different Categories within each Division to recognize different groups of

competitors. A competitor may declare only one Category for a match or tournament.

6.3.2 Failure to meet the requirements of the declared Category or failure to declare a Category prior to the start of

the match will result in exclusion from that Category. Details of currently approved Categories and related

requirements are listed in Appendix A2.

6.4 Regional Teams

6.4.1 Subject to the availability of allocated slots, one Regional team in each Division may be selected on merit by

each Region for IPSC Level IV or higher matches. At the discretion of the Match Organizers, other teams

may be fielded but will not be eligible for team recognition or awards. Approved Category teams are

specified by a vote in the General Assembly (see Appendix A2).

6.4.2 An individual competitor’s scores will be used exclusively for a single team in a match.

6.4.3 Teams must consist of a maximum of 4 members, however, only the final scores of the 3 highest scoring

team members will be used to calculate team results.

6.4.4 If a member of a team retires from the match for any reason before completing all of the stages, scores

attained by that competitor will continue to stand towards the team score, however, the affected team is not

entitled to replace the retired team member.

6.4.5 A team member who is unable to commence a match, may be replaced prior to commencement by another

competitor, subject to the approval of the Match Director.

6.4.6 If a member of a team is disqualified from a match, the disqualified member’s scores will revert to zero for

all courses of fire. Teams will not be entitled to replace a disqualified team member.

6.5 Competitor Status and Credentials

6.5.1 All competitors must be individual members of the IPSC Region in which they normally reside. Residency

is defined as the Region where the individual is ordinarily domiciled for a minimum of 183 days of the

twelve months immediately preceding the month in which the match begins. Ordinarily domiciled condition

is a physical presence test and does not relate to citizenship or to any address of convenience. The 183 days

need not be consecutive or the most recent 183 days of the twelve month period. In any case, match

organizers must not accept any competitor from a foreign Region unless the Regional Director of that Region

has confirmed the competitor's eligibility to participate in the subject match.

6.5.1.1 Competitors who ordinarily reside in a country or geographical area which is not affiliated to IPSC

may join an IPSC affiliated Region and may compete under the auspices of that Region, subject to

the approval of the IPSC Executive Council and the Regional Directorate of that Region. If a

competitor's country or geographical area of residence subsequently applies for affiliation to IPSC,

the competitor must become a member of that Region during the affiliation process.

6.5.2 A competitor and/or team member may represent only the IPSC Region in which they reside, except as

follows:

6.5.2.1 In respect of a competitor who resides in one Region, but who wishes to represent the Region of

which they are a citizen, the Regional Directors for the Region of residence and the Region of

citizenship must agree in writing prior to the commencement of the match.

6.5.2.2 A competitor who falls under the conditions of Rule 6.5.1.1 may represent the Region of which

they are a member, subject to the prior written approval of the Regional Director.

6.5.3 At Regional and Continental Championships, only competitors who satisfy the residency requirements stated

in Rule 6.5.1 are entitled to be recognized as the Regional or Continental Champion, by Division and/or by

Division/Category, as the case may be. However when determining Regional or Continental Champions,

match results of competitors from outside the applicable Region or Continent must not be deleted from the

match results, which must remain wholly intact. For example:

Region 1 Open Division Championships

100% Competitor A - Region 2 (declared as Overall Match and Division Champion)

99% Competitor B - Region 6

95% Competitor C - Region 1 (declared as Region 1 Champion)

I belive exporting rifle and ammunition you need to contact state department and apply export license for non permanent firearm export.

IPSC Rifle Rules 2006 can be downloaded from here:

http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesRifle.pdf

Edited by Sako92S

Okay, there seems to be a "DEEP WELL" of open shooters going to this here shooting deal. I think Kelly and Ron can make a good open team, and that means George and others have SAVED me from shooting in open. NOW, is there any one that wants to join the "shallow water pond scum" ( such as myself) and shoot standard?? KurtM

Kurt,

I hope this doesn't change the plan to do the Greece Shotgun thing? When you guys figure out the travel on the rifle deal let me know, I may be game to go on that to even though I am not worthy to carry your brass, at least I can buy the first round.

No change for Greece!! I still plan on you, me Todd Salmon and Bennie Hill for the US standard semi-auto team. I will let you know about mid February about the Borris. Be good amigo.. KURT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...