Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative powder to titegroup

Bakerjd

I've had great success with 700X in that it is cheap, used to be very easy to get, and runs clean for my purposes, i.e. 147 plated at 130 PF.  The issue is that powder doesn't meter very consistently depending on your setup.

N310 can also be used if you want a fast powder for 147 or heavier 9mm minor loads.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:55 PM, frankge said:

funny no love for titegroup, i loaded up the last of mine for 1oz shotgun loads for sporting clays and its one of the cleanest powders even with aprox 10k psi.

Yeh doesnt get much love here, but still is the most widely used powder in USPSA  nationals according to all the equipment surveys I have seen. Its fine at higher pressures 40 loads, or 115 gr 9mm. Little smokey. Have used a bunch of it,, but as others have said. I wouldnt buy more of it. I have gotten on the Accurate #2 bandwagon.

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Man I must have the worst luck. I work night shift lol. Cannot get powder for the life of me. 

Keep an eye out.  Powder is still popping up pretty often.  

Stumbled upon a little bit of random powder. Picked up 8# of accurate #7 as I had sone I was going to use to make 9 major with. A pound of accurate #5 and a pound of ramshot silhouette. Should be good for a bit now. Not too worried if there is more smoke or gun gets a bit dirtier then normal considering these times... lol. Ordered from powder valley. 

31 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Stumbled upon a little bit of random powder. Picked up 8# of accurate #7 as I had sone I was going to use to make 9 major with. A pound of accurate #5 and a pound of ramshot silhouette. Should be good for a bit now. Not too worried if there is more smoke or gun gets a bit dirtier then normal considering these times... lol. Ordered from powder valley. 

Aa7 is awesome major powder very dirty. I love silhouette