Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 Berry's Steel Open, St. George, UT

No photo description available.

Yeah, I meant 2022. Here is a copy of a FB post by Glen at SUPS:

Status of Berry’s Steel Open

We know that there is a lot of interest for the return of Berry’s Steel Open and we are anxious to
start it up again.

Although we have started shooting at the Southern Utah Shooting Sports Park, we are working with the bays as they are. The current bay sizes make it difficult to put on the stages that you have come to expect. We are working with the County and will provide a request for changes. The timing for the changes is not yet defined but the County is working closely with us, supporting what we need.

So, place Berry’s Steel Open on your 2022 shoot schedule, 1st week in April! Expect it to be the best one yet!

We appreciate everyone’s patience as we move forward, re-establishing SUPS as a premier site for large matches.

Best Regards,
Glen Wong
President, SUPS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The much anticipated Berry’s Steel Open match is returning April 2022!  Early match is April 7-8, Main match is April 9-10.  This will be an 18 stage match of 3 steel genres:  Run and Gun, Par Time, Speed Shoots. 

This match will be available on Practiscore October 29th, 6:00pm Utah time

Watch for further announcements!

Dan Long

SUPS Board Member

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried doing a search here and on the wild wild web and had no results so I apologize in advance. 

Does the Berry's Steel Open have rules published anywhere?  Is it USPSA rules?

My main concern is POWER FACTOR. 

Is it minor for all divisions or no power factor?

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Tried doing a search here and on the wild wild web and had no results so I apologize in advance. 

Thank you in advance.

Every shot is at steel.  So, no major/minor scoring.

6 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Thank you in advance.

Here are the rules and stages from the 2019 match. Yup, no power factor but expect to see large and small poppers, polish plate racks and spinners! I would not expect that 2022 will stray all that far from what you see here. 

2019 Berry's Steel Open Combined Stages - revL 05APR2019 (modified).pdf

BerrysSteelOpen2019Rulebook.pdf

On 1/23/2022 at 8:48 AM, Sniperboy said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond - I appreciate that : )

No problem. I hope you enjoy the match. It should be nice but don't forget foul weather gear. They didn't name it Hurricane just to be funny 😉 

You know I never even thought about that...  first time in this match and first time in Utah...  sincere thanks (again) for the warning. 

CA is oppressive in many ways but I guess at least we do not have to worry about vicious weather.

17 minutes ago, Sniperboy said:

You know I never even thought about that...  first time in this match and first time in Utah...  sincere thanks (again) for the warning. 

CA is oppressive in many ways but I guess at least we do not have to worry about vicious weather.

I was out there for the Red Rock Rumble last October. It was chamber of commerce weather every day! I was out there for the 4-day 2014 USPSA nationals where you shot 1/2 day for 4 days. It rained every day for about 4 hours. And those 4 hours lined up nicely with my squad's AM/PM/AM/PM schedule 😠 Hope for the best, plan for the worst 😉

• 2 months later...

I shot the match this weekend. The SUPS crew knocked it out of the park again! Great challenging stages! And the weather was excellent! I had a few friends come out to this for the first time and they said they will be back. You really need to get to this match!

Later,

Chuck

Shot the match this year.  Very well run, range is awesome, stages good.  Great match for the entry.  Shipped 950 rounds, flying back with about 350. Match was definitely a PCC match. Only negative is location.  There ain’t nothing in hurricane.  

Edited by outerlimits

• 2 weeks later...