Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New trigger pull gauge, ooops :)

ysrracer

No I didn't have an AD :)

My new gauge only goes up to 8 pounds, and the double action factory trigger pull on a couple of my S&W revo's is WAY over that.

On the plus side, the trigger pull on my 627 is 6 pounds, and 8 pounds on my 617.

My Para comes in at 2.5, and my Kidd 10/22 at 2.

What numbers are you guys seeing?

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

You're better off with an NRA static weight set.  It's more accurate and you can add as much weight as you want.

Thanks, I'm not the serious about it. As long as my gauge is close, I'm good.

Wheeler Engineering - Professional Digital Trigger Gauge

1 pound 15 ounces on my Sig P320 Legion with The Sig Armour competition trigger job done with a Gray Guns Competition trigger kit and Armory Craft trigger.

image.png.175c32800cf47d3791b75c4ae3daec17.png

BC

Edited by BillChunn

Over here on Team Ruger (but not the official one), I've got the same gauge, which reads about 7.25lb for my Super GP100, on a 9lb Wolff mainspring. It took an awful lot of shimming and polishing to get it reliable at this weight, but it'll set off Federal primers without too much attention to really cranking them into the primer pockets.

Any harder primers yield the click click click ysrracer described.

I use a compact fish scale, spring resistance about 1" square goes to 8 lbs.  

Both 627's PC/PRO 5.5 lbs.

625 PC 6 lbs.

325 TR, EDC, 7.5 lbs.

29-3, cut for moon clips, 7.5 lbs.

GP100, 6shot, 6.5 lbs. (does feel lighter though)

Probably not exact but it is consistent.  Pulls could be off by a given %?  but as I said it has been consistent for over 15 years  

For the 627's I'm more concerned with the lightest pull with the best rebound, smooth is best!  BUT if I get even 1 light strike I'll up the hammer fall a few ounces (SPP set at 40 oz, LPP set at 44 oz.).

The hammer fall and my 1911's triggers are measured with an old RCBS Spring Gauge it goes up to 72 ounces.

Glock 34's (Gen 3 & Gen 4 MOS) are at 3.8 lbs.

All of my 1911's (45acp, 400cb, 9mm) and my 2011 (40s&w) are at 2.5 lbs.  If I go lower I will get occasional light strikes and they get a lot more touchy for longevity and doubling/falling to half cock.

Except the 9mm 1911 right now has a 19lb mainspring, which ups the pull to 3 lbs, because I'm trying to use up some Magtech ammo and the Glocks won't light them at less than 5lbs or the 1911 with a mainspring under 19lbs.

I have a Mini-14 Ranch that had a trigger job from Tanks that goes 2lbs and never has failed.

Edited by pskys2

The exact weight of a double action trigger is difficult to measure, and it's not really that important anyway. Use your fancy scale to measure the weight of the hammer fall. That's the repeatable measurement, and the one that matters.