Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92X Performance DEFENSIVE (new variation)

Stony Lane

High School Latin was not much help, but Google Translate is your friend:  "The platform designed for Ipsc competitions was subjected to a slimming treatment to fall within the weight required by the Idpa regulation. The barrel remains in steel, but the Picatinny sled disappears from the dust cover; even the handle remains the Vertec, but material is removed inside, as well as in the front part of the barrel. The aluminum trigger also participates in the lightening. We tested the first of a pre-series of 200 pistols"  

I like getting rid of the frame rail, as I don't use them.  They are doing something with the top of the slide right behind the breech, perhaps a Langdon-esq bed for a Red Dot.  

3 hours ago, NuJudge said:

They are doing something with the top of the slide right behind the breech, perhaps a Langdon-esq bed for a Red Dot.  

It's Beretta's Optics Ready system.  Spanish is my native language so I'm picking up about 80 - 85% of what he's saying in Italian.

According the narrator, it seems Beretta's main aim for this pistol was to lighten it enough to make weight in IDPA ESP, SSP, and CO.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, gnappi said:

That's good news on losing the rail, I wish mine did not have one... oh well, there's always the grinder 🙂

Yeah, wish the rail wasn't there, and wish they had a better "Classic" style grip adapter than the hokey, cheap, plastic one they have. Waiting on the aftermarket to pick up on this, but no joy so far. And how about some flat safeties like CZ does?

24 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

Yeah, wish the rail wasn't there, and wish they had a better "Classic" style grip adapter than the hokey, cheap, plastic one they have. Waiting on the aftermarket to pick up on this, but no joy so far. And how about some flat safeties like CZ does?

If the 92X'perf sells anything like the last runs of frame safety models, I wouldn't expect any aftermarket stuff at all... ever.

3 hours ago, gnappi said:

If the 92X'perf sells anything like the last runs of frame safety models, I wouldn't expect any aftermarket stuff at all... ever.

Yeah, you're probably right, though they have come out with a smaller thumb safety, so maybe there's hope for this one...

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Stony Lane said:

New video:   (CC translation available)

The translated closed captions are priceless.

That said, if they made this with the standard frame profile, I'd buy one tomorrow. Still waiting on a quality grip that converts the Vertec frame to the classic frame. Are you listening Berette, VZ, LOK, Hogue, et al? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know

is it possible to make milling job on Beretta 92 F (Standard slide not Brigadier slide) same as 92x Performance Defensive has for red dot plate?

does the upper shape of slide is same so RDO base covers will fit seamless?

it shouldn't be any problem but .... i don't sure so i ask

Edited by zoom2

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

According to Beretta USA, they can't tell me yes or no, if or when. Easier to get Sleepy Joe and the Ho to tell the truth.

And they still haven't come out with a decent, classic profile grip for the 92X Performance, so I'm ready to give up on them. 

1 minute ago, robertg5322 said:

And they still haven't come out with a decent, classic profile grip for the 92X Performance, so I'm ready to give up on them. 

Love the gun, but agree about the grip. The grip itself could be a bit longer for my paws. Weinie Italians. 🤪