Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which frame style to you prefer for Bull Shadow slide?

TheIceman93

I'm having a hard time deciding. I have both an SP01 and a 75SA (frame only) that I'm considering putting a Bull Shadow slide on. Which frame style do you prefer for this slide style? 

If I put the Bull Shadow on the SP01, the SP01 slide will be moved to the 75SA frame. So I guess the question is, Bull Shadow SP01 and SP01/75SA Franken gun vs. 75SA Bull Shadow and stock SP01? Decisions, decisions.

SP01 Bull Shadow

sp01_bull_shadow__dsc6362logo (1).jpg

75SA Bull Shadow

75_bull_shadow__dsc4930.jpg

Edited by TheIceman93

44 minutes ago, mveto said:

I personally like the SP01 Bull Shadow, it just looks cool. Plus I’ve been shooting one all last year and really like it.

Belive it or not I dig the sa frame. I wish they made an sa fram with a longer dust cover like the sp01 but without the rail kind of reminds me of the CTS

Edited by AngeloConde

I own both a Shadow 2 Bull and a standard Bull Shadow. I think the short dust cover pulls the weight balances back to your hand so it is a bit easier to control. Muzzle flip is essentially the same in my experience but the sights seem to return more consistently with the SA frame. Granted, some of this might be due to backstrap profile differences also

lens: B class shooter who hasn’t shot a match all year due to Covid, work and family responsibilities.

Edited by Red_Dot

9 hours ago, Red_Dot said:

I own both a Shadow 2 Bull and a standard Bull Shadow. I think the short dust cover pulls the weight balances back to your hand so it is a bit easier to control. Muzzle flip is essentially the same in my experience but the sights seem to return more consistently with the SA frame. Granted, some of this might be due to backstrap profile differences also

lens: B class shooter who hasn’t shot a match all year due to Covid, work and family responsibilities.

any interest in selling the Shadow 2 Bull?

2 hours ago, eerw said:

Been shooting my 75 Bull version for about 4 years now. Love it.

8056F906-4953-4A4E-B6A6-E334CAE4F198.jpeg.96a05d5a2fe2069237f9ba51a5c2d342.jpeg

Nice.  The only thing that I could think of to improve the Bull uppers would be if you guys worked with Dawson to license a CZ version of their tooless guide rods.

2 hours ago, FALAR said:

Nice.  The only thing that I could think of to improve the Bull uppers would be if you guys worked with Dawson to license a CZ version of their tooless guide rods.

This would be nice i liked having the tooless guide rod in my sti. Made it so much easier to clean.

36 minutes ago, KlausN said:

I like the looks of the 75 better but the SP01 has at least some front and back strap checkering.  Also the SP01, at least mine has a little better beveled magwell. 

Very true but for competition uses most people just put grip tape in those areas

52 minutes ago, KlausN said:

I like the looks of the 75 better but the SP01 has at least some front and back strap checkering.  Also the SP01, at least mine has a little better beveled magwell. 

some file work and grip tape.  LOL

On 1/10/2021 at 2:09 PM, eerw said:

some file work and grip tape.  LOL

I tried the grip tape on the magwell  but it made it very hard to insert the magazines. -  sorry I couldn’t resist, that was too good of an “opening”, all pun intended 

21 minutes ago, KlausN said:

I tried the grip tape on the magwell  but it made it very hard to insert the magazines. -  sorry I couldn’t resist, that was too good of an “opening”, all pun intended 

😂