Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's The Best G35 Limited Holster

Bill Rosenthal

Personally I use all CR Speed for everything: belt, holster and mag pouches. The only complaint I have is the mag pouches they tend to move around. they give you shims for the pouches, but they can fall out if you are not paying attention. I think I am going to put some set screws on the bottoms of the mag pouches. Other than that the mags come out real smooth.

+2

I used some fishing wire and wrapped it around the holster's hanger and the first magazine holder, though using velcro would have been cleaner, and I might put Velcro on everything.

No matter -- these are the only two items I *really* want in the exact same spot, since I align the mag pouch under my belly-button, for reference.

Once nice thing about the Versa-Pouches is that they'll work for Glock mags, 1911/2011 mags, CZ...

I use for my G34, G35 and Open Glocks the Ultimate Ghost Holster, CR Speed Mag Pouches and the CR Speed Belt. BTW used to use the several CR Speed Holsters but have found the Ultimate Ghost works best for me.

Edited by ryucasta

For a holster for Limited Glock, I would go with CR Speed and either CR Speed pouches or Kytac. I know Kytac is mostly Production gear, but Ive been using them exclusively for a little over a year and they are fast and never change. Im just as fast with my pouches a little to my side as I was with one in front.

I really dig my CR Speed gear... Pop for the Versa-Pouches though. And do a search in the Gear Forum for my thread on how to do the set screw thing on the holster and/or mag pouches... I've got 600 rounds on the gear since I did the set screws, and everything is EXACTLY the same...

I am intrigued however by those new Glock pouches that rsotelo posted about. I'd love to try them out...

PS - That's 600 rounds on the set screws with NO thread locker on them... I don't think it really needs it... However, once I am sure I have everything exactly where I want it, I will probably thread lock it for "peace of mind"...

Edited by cautery

• 3 weeks later...

Will a CR Speed 1911 holster work for a Glock 35 by using different shims?

Not really. The 1911 CRS doesn't fit the Glock trigger guard well at all.

I had both for a little bit, and sold the 1911 CR-Speed on this forum. The problem is, the opening for the trigger guard isn't wide enough, without any shims, for the Glock trigger guard.

I'll be you could make the reverse work, however.

Personally I use all CR Speed for everything: belt, holster and mag pouches. The only complaint I have is the mag pouches they tend to move around. they give you shims for the pouches, but they can fall out if you are not paying attention. I think I am going to put some set screws on the bottoms of the mag pouches. Other than that the mags come out real smooth.

I also use CR Speed exclusively. I use the shims, but what I found particularly useful was to apply pieces of velcro to the inside surface of the versa hanger and the pouches. This make for a rock steady hold on everything. I will post some pictures if I can figure out how.

post-5710-1132367381_thumb.jpg

post-5710-1132367397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rocket4

Velcro is a solution, but properly done, set screws are a better solution IMHO. Velcro won't stop the mag pouch shims from loosening and falling out.

I think it's in the Gear forum, but I posted a thread on how to do the set screw thing on the CR speed rig.

Actually, doing the set screws AND the velcro would be even better. The screws keep everything set on the outer belt, and the extra velcro keeps the outer belt more securely attached to the inner belt... especially when you have mag pouches close together...