Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL 1100 Die setup

Realize that there is more than one way to skin the cat also.

For example in stations 6,7,8:

option 1:

6 powder check

7 bullet feeder

8 combination seat/crimp

option 2:

6 bullet feeder

7 seat 

8 crimp

There are also some options for 2,3 and 4 but typically they will be 

2 size/decap

3 swage/expand

4 usually only priming here as it isn't threaded in the standard Dillon toolhead but you can get an aftermarket toolhead with that station threaded which gives you a little flexibility

You can also rely upon station 3 to expand the case mouth and just have a case activator in the powder system in station 5 or you can use the flaring funnel there similar to what you would do on a 550/650.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, jstagn said:

Great video, what are the ‘red’ pieces? One at the swage station and what looks like a camera near the last station. Thanks 

One is the M7 swage sense and the other is the M7 bullet sense.  Optional sensors for the M7 autodrive

Why would you guys think you need a powder checker?  Is it in case you run out of powder in the hopper?  Or because the Dillon powder measure may not drop powder every time?

I mean, you have to add primers every 100 rounds, I just fill the hopper when it gets down to about a third full. 

Cuz - For me I decided that I had to have a powder check die on every toolhead I own because after having a squib (still not sure how or why but it was from one of my reloads and I do not know if it was a short shot of powder or no powder) I decided I would not load another round without a powder check in place....That was over 10 years ago and I have not had another squib since...I also have not had a powder checker alarm either and I average shooting about 5k-8k reloaded rounds a year through all of my guns.....

No fun beating a projectile out of a SIG pistol barrel but I had to do it......once....

Peace of Mind for me.....

Edited by Sigarmsp226

12 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Cuz - For me I decided that I had to have a powder check die on every toolhead I own because after having a squib (still not sure how or why but it was from one of my reloads and I do not know if it was a short shot of powder or no powder) I decided I would not load another round without a powder check in place....That was over 10 years ago and I have not had another squib since...I also have not had a powder checker alarm either and I average shooting about 5k-8k reloaded rounds a year through all of my guns.....

No fun beating a projectile out of a SIG pistol barrel but I had to do it......once....

Peace of Mind for me.....

Roger that. It’s sort of why I verify powder weight in 4-5 out of every 100 rounds I load, even though I’ve never had to adjust the powder drop...

4 hours ago, cbrussell said:

HO GRIDER, what are the components you are using for your camera setup? Looks very clean.

Thanks.

cb:

After trying SEVERAL endoscopes, I ended up with this quality unit that features a great view and almost zero lag showing current views as the shellplate rotates:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV83RSS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use an old 10" Android tablet; however IMO, it also shows a great view using a cell phone...............

Compare.png

3 hours ago, Cuz said:

Thanks for that link. I can think of a lot of uses for a gizmo like this. 

How/where are you mounting the tablet?  Is it secured or just resting in place?

The tablet is mounted to the Case Feed support arm using a Ram Mount.  Almost identical to this one:

https://www.markvii-loading.com/accessories/mark-7-spare-parts/101-1134-02.html

👍