Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Mag Pouches!

rsotelo

I just got some new mag pouches and I am very happy with them. I got to use them at the IL Sectional match a few weeks ago and they are incredible. FINALLY there is information on them. For all the people who came up to me at the match asking about the mag pouches, well... here is the info. The company is called Speed Comp.

www.barneybuddy.com

and here

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=05H&cat=22

I am not the quickest person with reloads, but I will say that these help.

-Ralph

yeah Pistol gear is quick with shipments. Not to mention that I get to see the guy at local club matches. I am glad that he picked up these mag pouches, they really are quite cool in that they are already turned at an angle for the reload.

-RS

I have been lucky enough to watch these things get built, and I assure everyone that they are of the finest quality and workmanship. These things are built to last FOREVER!! The screws wont strip out after a season and the adjustments wont loosen up and move around like Safariland stuff does. These things are the Sherman tank of mag pouches.

yep

BTW Attention Production shooters: Due to the way these things fit, you can fit 5 between the point of hip and the outside seam of your back pocket. No more reaching all the way around to the small of your back for your "#5-ohh-man-please-let-this-be-over" magazine.

OK got mine today, and they are great. The angle of the pouches and set up, as one can guess from the photos, is much like the limcat mag pouches which I use for my SV limited and open rig. For those of us who want to minimize the amount of wrist turn during the reload this is great.

They feel a lot more solid than the limcat holsters (whether they are in fact is a different question to which I do not know the answer.).

Also, even a skinny guy like me can get five of these pouches in a very comfortable position for production without having to reach behind my back. I had been using CR pouches, and it looks like I will be selling those, and they certainly beat the heck out of any carry mag pouches for speed.

The only slight negative is the limited amount of adjustment. It is great for tension both for mag retention and fit on the belt. It is also provides 180 degrees worth of adjustability from straight up and down to horizontal front and back. However, this is done in set increments (there is a pin that holds the angle) so they are not completely customizable (oh well, get used to it).

Edited by RayKu

I just got mine today also. I've been playing with them for the last two hours. It took some getting used to, but now I think I really like them. I'll see how I do with them at the match in the morning.

They may seem a little odd at first, but that is because you are using something completely different than what you are used to. Once you get used to them it is remarkably scary how easily the magazines present themselves for reload. I use them with my glocks and I have never been able to get as smooth reloads as I can with these. I even surprised myself when I forgot my round count. I shot a drop turner activator popper and went to slide lock. I then was able to grab a mag, reload and shoot the drop turner. Luckily for me, glock slides drop forward from slide lock with a forceable reload. When the stage was over, I was VERY surprised I was able to get my shots off on the drop turner. My reloads just were not as smooth before, but then again, my mag pouches sucked before getting these.

I am interested to hear what others think about these.

-RS

Well, I just finished my first match with the new mag holders. After the initial "what the hell do you have there?!" HA, Ha... insert many jabs about me leaving my STI at home and shooting a Glock coments. They worked fine. Ralph is absolutely correct about how quickly you adjust to them. On one stage that required two reloads for production compared to one for limited, I equaled the time of one of my limited buddies and just edged out a better time than the other. My reloads were good, now when will they make a product to fix all the other bonehead things I do in a match. I have the trigger covered, mag holders, ammo, holster, belt, now time to work on the idiot doing the driving. I'm out of excuses.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to see if I could get an update on if/when an S_I version will be out. If there are no plans to make them, has anyone tried to see if an S_I mag wil fit the XD or Glock holder? Also, for those that already have them, has anyone tried a draw on one of these from the "over the buckle" position? Does it feel better/faster than say a 771 or Guga Ribas pouch in that position? Thank in advance for the help.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to see if I could get an update on if/when an S_I version will be out. If there are no plans to make them, has anyone tried to see if an S_I mag wil fit the XD or Glock holder? Also, for those that already have them, has anyone tried a draw on one of these from the "over the buckle" position? Does it feel better/faster than say a 771 or Guga Ribas pouch in that position? Thank in advance for the help.

For the forum member who is making these pouches, there is definitely an interest in an S_I version.

After reading your post Joe, I tried my SV and STI mags and they definitely will not work in these pouches. I have never tried the Guga Ribas pouches so I cannot comment, but it is in my opinion better than a 771 pouch or similar for over the buckle. Again, it is all in not having to rotate the wrist as much to position your hand on the mag. Of course, there are many out there who can do it lightening fast when the mags are horizontal to the belt.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of local shooters purchase them and show me the product. I played around with them and added the XD and Glock models to the inventory. I had used the Limcats for open and love the fact that these give you the same positioning for Glock and XD mags. A neat product and very well made as mentioned above.