Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Mag Pouches!

rsotelo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to Uspsa shooting and would like to get some mag pouches. I have a Springfield XD and my wife has a CZ75. We would like to get the same kind.

On another forum, some have recommended the BladeTech Dual and Quad and a few others. I tried an Uncles mikes and it digs into my side. These look like they sit out a ways.

We'd spend $25 - 30 ea for them if they will last a while.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do they come in different colors?

Thanks.

I just got mine this weekend and they are definetly sweet. They do take a bit of getting used to, but I think they will definetly work out for the better.

They are currently only available in black, though the XD model mags will actually fit XD's, CZ, Beretta, and Smith.

I dont think the Quad mag pouches are worth much, as I am sure it will be different reaching for each mag, and you cant get a good handle on the back 2 mags IMO. SpeedComp lets you get a great textbook hold for a smoother reload every time. Plus, you can fit SpeedComps in a much smaller amount of beltspace, meaning closer to the front.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John has done a fine job.

I have a fat belly and they don't dig in, the s?i verson

works great, they hold the big sticks in place.

thanks John

Edited by Singlestack

• 3 weeks later...

The amount of time necessary to become familiar with these depends on a few things inlcuding how long you have used traditional pouches.

I recommend, that for your first few dry fire sessions, that you really slow things down and get them perfect. After a few repetitions, speed up gradually. Once the polymetrics are familiar, you should not have any trouble.

Lucky for me, these are the first mag pouches I got.

I use a comp-tac double mag pouch for carry use, so that's all I've ever had to use for practice.

Got some of these from RS, and I love them. I haven't used any other single mag adjustable pouches before, but I like how I can fit all my mags close together, and all at the same angle.

Edit to add:

I just measured these, and from my torso to the back of the mag, near the top is getting REALLY close to 50mm... when wearing them in the front.

I'm using a CR speed belt and it seems like the belt adds an inch to my thickness, and pushes the mag pouches way out. I'm going to have my rigs checked out at my first match to see if I should adjust anything differently. If they say anything, I'll probably move the mag pouches around to the side/back. That will slow me down, but at least my mags will be in the same place for open/production.

Edited by TimWarner

• 2 months later...

Did anyone check out the videos for the WI sectional? The guy shooting the beretta was using the Speedcomps!!! I have to say, I may not be the fastest guy with reloads, but the Speedcomps really do help me not fumble the reload as the motion is so natural. Definitely worth a look.

Does anyone else here use them? Your thoughts please.

-RS

For the forum member who is making these pouches, there is definitely an interest in an S_I version.

Visit the Speed Comp site and you will see that there are four versions available:

1. Glock (small frame only)
  2. Springfield XD 9mm / 40 S&W - Also fits CZ75, Browning HP, Beretta 92/96, S&W 5906, SIG P226
  3. STI / SVI - Also fits Para and Springfield XD 45ACP.
  4. Caspian Hi Cap

I have spoken with Chris Patty, and has told me he can get the STI/SVI (actually Para in my case) pouches on a special order basis. I am planning on getting a set to use in Limited and Production.

Just got mine, can't wait to try them out in production. Being relatively skinny, it's nice to be able to reach my fourth mag w/o having to go back past my backbone.

BTW, I tried my G35 mags in them (SV/Para version), and they fit fine, except for having to retension them. Anybody have both Glock and SV/Para versions for a side by side comparison and see a difference?

• 5 weeks later...

I have these pouches and could not be happier. I was having a little problem with them being within 50mm to my body because I am a very skinny guy. I called up John at Speedcomp and he made some new spacers and they worked great. I just want to say that this company makes a great product and has even better customer service.

I have these pouches and could not be happier. I was having a little problem with them being within 50mm to my body because I am a very skinny guy. I called up John at Speedcomp and he made some new spacers and they worked great. I just want to say that this company makes a great product and has even better customer service.

i have a set for xd's they fit beretas , smiths and sigs i believe. for sale in the classified section. im not able to use them due to some other issues but they are priced to move.