Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shop for Stock II trigger work?

JLB-US

Finally after all these years have a Unicorn inbound 😀

As my gunsmithing skills are pretty much limited to replacing parts in Glock’s and this was a way treat to myself for a horrible no good crappy 50th year on this planet I figured I would just pay for someone to do it up right.

Anybody recommend a shop not booked up past 2022???

I had two done with Derek Guthrie. He works at the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop and also tunes Tanfos. Both guns were crazy smooth, had incredible triggers, and he also opened up the magwells. I know that Patriot Defense is great but I'm not a fan of the really light springs they make because they are more prone to breaking and the extra half pound on the double action just doesn't seem worth the risk. 

14 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

I know that Patriot Defense is great but I'm not a fan of the really light springs they make because they are more prone to breaking and the extra half pound on the double action just doesn't seem worth the risk. 

Here's my experience with PD springs, with the exception of the trigger return spring I highly recommend them. After literally 10s of thousands of live and dry firing I've had to replace 1 hammer spring because it just got too soft.

But, I have broken two trigger return springs and thankfully they happened during practice. I replaced them with the factory spring and zero problems since.

The PD extended firing pin and spring combo is the best as are their hammer springs. The sear spring works fine, but to be honest I really can't tell any difference firing the gun between the factory and PD.

A great polish job, Bolo, Titan hammer, one piece sear, reduced power plunger (some have had difficulty and these come from Henning) spring, 15.5 PD hammer spring and that should give you a very smooth and light trigger.

As always check our Memphis Mechanic's video on polishing the gun. It covers it all.

46 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

Here's my experience with PD springs, with the exception of the trigger return spring I highly recommend them. After literally 10s of thousands of live and dry firing I've had to replace 1 hammer spring because it just got too soft.

But, I have broken two trigger return springs and thankfully they happened during practice. I replaced them with the factory spring and zero problems since.

The PD extended firing pin and spring combo is the best as are their hammer springs. The sear spring works fine, but to be honest I really can't tell any difference firing the gun between the factory and PD.

A great polish job, Bolo, Titan hammer, one piece sear, reduced power plunger (some have had difficulty and these come from Henning) spring, 15.5 PD hammer spring and that should give you a very smooth and light trigger.

As always check our Memphis Mechanic's video on polishing the gun. It covers it all.

I'd agree that you can go wrong with their stuff other than the trigger return spring. I'd also recommend having them ream the barrel, it takes them from very picky guns to being able to run anything. 

1 hour ago, HesedTech said:

How many trigger pulls for you to break the PD trigger return spring?

3 hours ago, Polymer said:

How many trigger pulls for you to break the PD trigger return spring?

Good question. 

Since I didn’t keep count it was most likely in the thousands. 

I’ll admit I’m not one to preemptively replace springs before they are worn. Bad on me.  

For instance the hammer spring started to have an occasional light strike on the DA, I knew it was getting softer, but my trigger was so nice! When I got two LS during a practice session I knew it was time to put a new one in the gun. 

My PD trigger return spring didn't break, but it did get "soft or weak" and the trigger wouldn't reset.  Luckily I found out while doing maintenance at home.  I didn't have another PD return spring so I put in the original spring and I really can't tell much of a difference.  

Did a trigger job per Memphis Mechanic's video on my backup gun and it turned out well!

I'm sure Patriot Defense would do an outstanding job for you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got mine back today from Patriot Defense. All I can say is WOW. DA is 6lb 10oz, SA is 2lb 12oz. DA is smooth, really smooth. SA is crisp. This is my first tanfoglio, S2 OR, and I LOVE it. Had them cut slide for RTS2, coffin cut and install their aluminum grips. Hands down my favorite non 1911/2011 now. I am loving it.