Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX Trigger Q. Looking For an MPX Trigger LIKE an SSA.

Hey guys,

As the topic says, the Timney in my MPX started to fail on me.  The hammer would remain cocked and essentially stuck on the disconnector.  No manner of pressing the trigger, or manipulating the safety would get it to release.  Timney was AMAZING about offering to get it fixed so I appreciate that but truth be told, the single stage trigger isn't really to my liking.

I cut my teeth on Geiselle SSA's and am now a pretty big fan of the Larue MBT as well.

Does anyone make an MPX specific trigger that will hold up that is similar in nature to the SSA?  I'm looking for a lighter weight two stage between 3 and 3.5 lbs with the stages divided fairly equally.  I have a Wilson Combat two stage 9mm specific trigger that I absolutely loathe.  The trigger shoe shape is horrid and the first stage feels like its about 80 lbs.

Thank's guys!  I appreciate the suggestions.  I did a search but it seems like alot of offerings out there are single stage triggers.

Timney makes a 2 stage pcc trigger I believe. Their customer service is fantastic I bet you can work something out with them. The timney DH trigger is also 2stage ish and works well in my MPXs but may not quite be what your describing. Trigger tech working on a similar mpx design but its not ready yet.

Edited by inertia

The hiperfire triggers to the best of my knowledge are all single stage triggers besides the X2S triggers.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

Is the PDI also a single stage?  Looks like it.

Edited by Magsz
2 hours ago, Magsz said:

The hiperfire triggers to the best of my knowledge are all single stage triggers besides the X2S triggers.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

Is the PDI also a single stage?  Looks like it.

Yes, PDI is a single stage like the Eclipse.

4 hours ago, Underwood said:

I bought my sig MPX it had this in it.. Worked well, never had any issues and its a 2 stage

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

I have MBT triggers in quite a few ar15's but they're technically not rated for a 9mm.  I think Mark has gone on record saying if we break it, he will replace it.  Hmm.

Are you using just the trigger?  Did you add the bridge?  Is the bridge even compatible?

6 hours ago, Magsz said:

I have MBT triggers in quite a few ar15's but they're technically not rated for a 9mm.  I think Mark has gone on record saying if we break it, he will replace it.  Hmm.

Are you using just the trigger?  Did you add the bridge?  Is the bridge even compatible?

it was the complete Larue trigger.. worked fine for 6k rounds..swapped out for a hyperfire and later for a Elf.

the larue never gave me any problems..

18 hours ago, Underwood said:

it was the complete Larue trigger.. worked fine for 6k rounds..swapped out for a hyperfire and later for a Elf.

the larue never gave me any problems..

No visible damage to the trigger when you took it out?

I’ve had the following triggers in my MPX’s...  the one thing I will say, everything everyone is say is subjective because everyone has their own opinion on what feels best. 

stock Timney black body trigger from MPX Competition. Great trigger, but too heavy. 

LaRue MBT. Trigger length of travel was wayyyy too long. It worked, but felt like crap in my opinion.  I had light strikes as I put JP yellow springs in it. This trigger didn’t last long in my MPX. 

Geiselle SD-3G. The MPX just doesn’t like this trigger... it woulda snapped the hammer and disco at some point. I tried this as I have it in my AR and had one lying around. Great trigger, just not for a MPX. 

Timney Dan Horner DH-3.  Was specifically told it would work in a MPX. This trigger was amazing, until it wasn’t. The trigger stopped dropping the hammer. Contact Timney. They send me some new springs as they said they took a set and blah blah blah. Put it back in and did the same s#!t within a few hundred rounds. Returned it as it’s junk for a MPX. 

Elf PCC flat face whatever. Started having issues within a few hundred rounds. Took that out. I also didn’t like it to begin with. Too heavy.. weird trigger break. Idk I just didn’t like it. 

at this point, I was pretty frustrated as nothing was working. I was having tons of malfs with all the triggers except the stock Timney.  Again, the stock trigger is just too heavy for a “competition” gun IMO. Altho I can still .12-.14 split pretty consistently with it. It just takes way more effort to do that which would sometimes turn into trigger freeze. 

I came on here and spoke to local friends with a MPX. I’ve settled on the Hiperfire Eclipse. It’s been flawless. I have a bunch of hammer deformation, but it’s kinda stopped now. I don’t know exact amount, but probably have 6000 rounds thru it now.

so long story short, I highly recommend a Hiperfire Eclipse. 

I also think you shouldn't be too hung up on the 2 stage thing. If you can consciously prep the first stage for a shot in USPSA, you’re not going fast enough. Again, this is my opinion. 

Good luck on your journey. Learn from others mistakes and just get what work best for yourself while being 100% reliable 

Edited by Bdh821

Two stage triggers dont hold me up or back.  Its just what I like and I know that im in the minority.

I like the rolling break of a Glock trigger.  A 1911 trigger does nothing for me and my brain cant work its way around the concept.  I very much enjoy taking up the slack as a part of my trigger press and to me, the slack isn't so much as a "let me take this up so I can get to the wall".  It's more of a, let me just bang my way through this travel.

I'm going to have to call Hiperfire.  It seems like everyone seems to be enjoying their triggers.