Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flamer - 10-21-05

George

I hate that my long running record of absolute AR reliability at large matches has gone down down in flames within the last month.

Sept 17, 2005, Area 1 3 Gun Championship Stage 8.

Empty case wedged in bolt face stops me cold at last stage position unable to complete stage. 4 mikes, 2 FTE on the swingers. Turns out to be just plain bad luck from some miniscule piece of swarf jamming the case head in place like a vise and acting just like a busted ejector ;-(

I replace bolt and carrier and do a complete check on everything (or so I thought)

Oct 14, 2005 US Multigun Nationals Stage 10.

Disconnector starts skipping and rifle starts occasionally doubling and tripling in middle of LD rifle stage. Distraction level causes me to accept poor sight pictures on swingers and I leave 1.5 of two targets clean ;-/ The time of my run (66 seconds) would have put me near the top of the heap without the mikes. To add insult to injury, the supersquad had come up to shoot early and wound up watching my debacle. Nothing like an audience when ya' flush a stage. My own danged fault ;-( You earn your own score around here fer' sure ;-)

Bright spot in my recent AR function debacle was Benny Hill taking my lower back for a trigger group rebuild and having it done so fast it made my head spin (it's already on it's way back after being driven back to Texas from Vega's). Benny, you da man!! Thanks again :-)

Next week the entire upper is going to JP Rifles for a new gas tube and the 2nd generation gas block. This function problem crappe' stops now!!!

--

Regards,

I hate loading on a single stage press, I'm in the garage every night it seems trying to crank out ammo in enough quantity to shoot every week. I hate that this is keeping me from spending time with my wife and kids(dogs actually), and from practice. I need a Dillon more than anything else I can think of right now.

I hate our local Boys & Girls Club's soccer program. This is my 3rd year coaching my son's team, and every year I get the same excuses as to why the fields aren't lined properly, why the fields are not taken care of, why the officiating sucks, etc., etc. We have 6 fields at the Middle School, and recently people have begun treating them as a dog park and don't pick up after their pooch.

I hate the fact that Oregon's teachers union gets 18% of the school budget dumped into their retirement program, and that there are no organized sports at the school level, and a serious lack of electives for the kids to take in school. When I was at that age, our school had football, baseball, softball, soccer, track & field, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, cheerleaders, band, and plenty of electives to choose from.

I hate the Diesel is now $1.10 more per gallon than Gas!

I hate that I have lost all of the passion I once had for shooting. I just don't care anymore.

I hate that I am supposed to be putting on the monthly match in November at our local club, and I haven't been able to come up with one good idea for stage so far.

I hate feeling like I am always living from one paycheck to another, and yet I feel liek I am never spending any money.

I hate that the company I now work for thinks a 55-60 hour week is "Normal" and if we work any less we aren't good employees.

I hate that my wife just called me at work and I was in the wrong for no other reason than I am married to her. I hate that no matter what the situation: the house is a mess, we do not go out enough, the kids do not listen, her car is out of gas..etc.

It is my fault. :wacko::wacko:

;) (disclaimer: I am still nuts about her!!!!! :wub: )

Edited by eerw

I hate that my left turn signal is broke. It works but it doesn't click off after a turn. So I'm the idiot that drives around with his turn signal on all the time!!! I hate that. I also hate that fixing it would require pulling the steering wheel and delving into the crap involved. Oh the wonders of auto technology, and this is a 1971 Chevy truck!!!

BTW,,,

This goes in my top ten favorite things ever posted on the forum.

" ;)(disclaimer: I am still nuts about her !!!!! :wub: ) "

I think i probably have hated this before, but:

I hate when traffic backs up and slows to a crawl on the interstate for a minor traffic crash that's NOT EVEN BLOCKING THE ROAD!!!! :angry: There is not one single lane that's even partially blocked. This is why they invented the phrase, "KEEP MOVING...NOTHING TO SEE HERE!"

This goes in my top ten favorite things ever posted on the forum.

" ;)(disclaimer: I am still nuts about her !!!!! :wub: ) "

I dated a midget stripper...

I was nuts over her. B)

had to break up with her though, she was always getting her nose in my business. :o

I hate TSA. :angry: I hate Continental Airlines. :angry: The bastards stole my Palm Pilot with my ATRAG software chip that I need for my Horus Vision. I flew to Texas today for the Rifles Only train-up. Now I am screwed.

Just unpacked and my palm pilot with all my rifle dope is GONE! They even took the cradle. I KNOW exactly where it was packed! Gone! Bye Bye! We got you sucka! Ha Ha! Loser! I been proctologized.

If you want it don't check it! The airline says they are not responsible for didley in checked baggage, "thats why we have carry on sir." I got your sir. "Call TSA" A lot of good their recording is doing me. They'll fax me a form! They can stick their form where the sun don't shine!

It could have been worse. They could have taken my laser range finder. Idiots didn't even know what to steal. Next time...hell, there won't be a next time. All my gear will stay with me.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Is there no honor? You can no longer trust those who are supposed to be looking out for you. Look out for yourself. THE BASTARDS!

Thats O.K. I'll have little presents for them on the way back. A little trick I used when TSA locked the safety on my remmy at the Iron man. I wrapped my gear in my dirty underwear on the way back. Wait till they see (and smell) the sweaty poo poo skid marked weapons of mass destruction I shall have coming their way. Vengeance shall be mine I say!

Please, as a personal favor to me, the next time you fly, let them have it with your dirty draws. Make-'em as nasty as you can. I beg of thee, help me on my quest for revenge. I'll even pay for replacements if you foul them up good. (NO, you don't need to send me the proof but posted pictures would be pretty funny.)

The world is an evil place and this has made me the most evil of all. They have filled my heart with hate and my bowels with the means of retribution.

TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!

Edited by Hey QuicksDraw!