Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport Malfunction

2planks

I have a Tac Sport I picked up a couple of years ago. It is my primary pistol for USPSA and 3 Gun. About a month ago I had a hiccup on one stage at a local match. The gun ran flawlessly for the rest of the match so I didn't think anything of it. Fast forward a month and the problem is getting worse. I shot a 2 day match this past weekend and retired the pistol after the second stage. I had 3 malfunctions on the first stage and 5 on the second stage. There have been other matches in between with some malfunctions but the problem is now more pronounced.

Here is what is happening. After I fire a shot, the slide cycles, the hammer is cocked, a new round is chambered but the trigger is not resetting. The trigger feels dead when I try to pull it. I thought maybe I was riding the trigger and not letting it reset but this past weekend, on the clock, I made sure to remove my finger to allow the trigger to reset but it did not. The fix has been to manually rack another round and then it seems to work. I did have one malfunction last weekend were I had to rack it twice to get it running again.

I'm hoping the collective CZ knowledge of BE may have some insights on diagnosing the issue and potential fixes. I regularly clean the pistol (clean the barrel, remove carbon & oil/grease the slide). I will admit however that I rarely go much deeper than that when cleaning. 

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and offering advice.

Agreed. Sounds like the adjustment screws. There is one on the back of the trigger and on the face if I remember correctly for - pre and post travel. If the one on the face is screwed out too much it can do this. 

On a related note, remove and clean the extractor. If you don’t that will eventually bite you.

Edited by selecw

That would be the problem top set screw in to far will not let the trigger bar reset bottom set screw in to far will not let the hammer drop by you racking a another round in manually that helps to reset the pistol eventually that won't work for you reset both screws you be good to go

Thank you to everyone for the replies.

It was indeed the pre-travel screw. I adjusted it a little took it out for a test and it worked great. Shot a local match on Sunday and the pistol ran well for all stages.

Thanks again! 

There is a video on YouTube of a guy that had the same issue. He called CZ USA to complain that his trigger wasn't resetting. No support from any of the comments just BS that a gun that expensive shouldn't do that. A gun that expensive you'd think you'd do the research before buying. I linked the video to help him with his issue but no response from the YouTuber. That wasn't you was it? I'm glad you were able to fix your problem and if it comes loose again...loctite. 

Edited by WildPete

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, 2planks said:

Thank you to everyone for the replies.

It was indeed the pre-travel screw. I adjusted it a little took it out for a test and it worked great. Shot a local match on Sunday and the pistol ran well for all stages.

Thanks again! 

Loctite!