Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC carbine trigger kit

So buy this, it's on sale right now for $138.00

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/928141815?pid=716391

Remove the 10/22 specific parts (crossed out)

The springs??? (circled in red).....may or may not work depending on how hard your primers are.

What you get is a trigger as good as the volquartsen drop in and less than half the cost with overtravel.

1519210435_rugerpccvol.jpg.8dc464ca0e5f8dd5233d7cdab502105f.jpg

Edited by TRUBL
14 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I installed a Hornet trigger on a Ruger 10/22 several years ago.  It was a significant improvement over the OEM trigger but not nearly as good as the Brimstone Tier 2 trigger I have on my current 10/22.   So, Hornet does sell decent triggers but not wonderful.

That's good to know. To be honest i actually dont mind the factory trigger, i just wish it had a shorter reset and a little bit more tactile feel to it. it's a little to soft/mushy for me. 

All about your goals.   If you are going to compete with the rifle in SCSA or USPSA then trigger is usually one of the first upgrades.   Most spend $200 for a trigger on a 10/22 in competition for a gun that costs $250.     😐

1 hour ago, jrdoran said:

All about your goals.   If you are going to compete with the rifle in SCSA or USPSA then trigger is usually one of the first upgrades.   Most spend $200 for a trigger on a 10/22 in competition for a gun that costs $250.     😐

that's true. That makes $240 for the volquarsten trigger on a $500 pc carbine not that bad. I wish there were more reviews out on the Volquarsten trigger. I've read some guys like it but some think it's not worth it. I havent seen any Youtube videos on it yet. 

6 hours ago, jburks said:

That's good to know. To be honest i actually dont mind the factory trigger, i just wish it had a shorter reset and a little bit more tactile feel to it. it's a little to soft/mushy for me. 

I'm with you the trigger has a long reset,if I am shooting my 2011 and start shooting my ruger I get messed up with the reset it needs fixing. I tried one of the after market triggers and it helped with the over travel but the reset is what gives me more of a problem. I don't know if I want to spend two hundred bucks to fix it.

I'm not the best video producer despite being a software nerd.   I'll try and make a video showing the reset and overtravel via dryfire;    Overall the trigger is very good.  Not as good as my Kidd one stage, but I haven't yet adjusted pre-travel.   The post travel was perfect out of the box.   I also don't have a trigger gauge, but given my kidd is 1.75 and my open gun is 2.25, this is probably 2.25 - 2.5lbs pull;   

I think the factory stock is holding me back at this point in terms of hand position for trigger.   

The way I justified the cost is it is about equal to 1000 rounds of ammo.   

I'm not the best video producer despite being a software nerd.   I'll try and make a video showing the reset and overtravel via dryfire;    Overall the trigger is very good.  Not as good as my Kidd one stage, but I haven't yet adjusted pre-travel.   The post travel was perfect out of the box.   I also don't have a trigger gauge, but given my kidd is 1.75 and my open gun is 2.25, this is probably 2.25 - 2.5lbs pull;   

I think the factory stock is holding me back at this point in terms of hand position for trigger.   

The way I justified the cost is it is about equal to 1000 rounds of ammo.   
A video would be great if you get time [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The  magpul stock is estimated at 21oz;  How does that compare to the ruger stock  ( minus the hand guard ) ?   I'm embarassed to say I never weighed the factory plastic stock.  The butt plate / spacers / and rubber pad are surprisingly heavy, but their placement against your body makes them have negligible effect.

https://magpul.com/ruger-pc-carbine-backpacker-stock.html

Edited by jrdoran
On 4/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, edyan said:

Waiting for the MagPul stock...that with the TacCom hand guard should be a good set up ...more of a pistol type grip & adjustable comb, should also be lighter than stock since it's hollow for storing extra mag.

That's funny you bring this up i was just thinking that would be a great setup. i actually have the Taccom3g handguard ordered, should be here tomorrow. You'd think the magpul stock would be at least a little bit lighter. I agree the angle of the grip should be nicer too. I'll probably wind up getting the magpul stock once it comes out. 

On 4/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, jrdoran said:

The  magpul stock is estimated at 21oz;  How does that compare to the ruger stock  ( minus the hand guard ) ?   I'm embarassed to say I never weighed the factory plastic stock.  The butt plate / spacers / and rubber pad are surprisingly heavy, but their placement against your body makes them have negligible effect.

https://magpul.com/ruger-pc-carbine-backpacker-stock.html

I just weighed my ruger stock and forearm, it came out to be 33oz on my old mechanical scales which could be off a ounce or two. It looks like the Magpul stock could be a good wt reducer. That’s right at 3/4 of a pound less. That would put my Ruger at 6 lbs.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:05 AM, jburks said:

i'm very much debating getting the kit from the OP. They offer a $36 refund if you send them your old trigger parts so that would drop the kit price down to around $80 which really isn't that bad. 

Please let us know how it works for you. I’m very interested also I have about a three and half pound trigger with the spring kit installed but would like to get the reset and over travel taken care of. 80 bucks is not bad if It’s  a good trigger.

Edited by Dwbsig
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this to see if there’s any new info bin looking to upgrade the trigger in my Ruger PCC and notice there seem to be a few more options available now. For those of you Shooting the Ruger, what are you doing about a trigger upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, Cuz said:

Bumping this to see if there’s any new info bin looking to upgrade the trigger in my Ruger PCC and notice there seem to be a few more options available now. For those of you Shooting the Ruger, what are you doing about a trigger upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Mcarbo metal trigger, polish everything really well, and get the wolff reduced power sear spring and return spring. This gets it as nice as it will probably get until/if volq improves their trigger

So no one but myself has gone the route of installing the Volquartsen 10/22 trigger parts in there PC Carbine? That surprises me.

I personally think that it is still the most viable option out there for the cleanest trigger I've felt in those carbines

Edited by TRUBL