Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC carbine trigger kit

1 hour ago, DCS44256 said:

I was just reading about his trigger, sound interesting and not expensive:

Ruger® PC Carbine™ Trigger | TANDEMKROSS

Anyone with experience with it ?

I saw that too, that's what prompted me to bump this thread.  It's cheap enough and probably worth a try.  After watching the install video I think its easy enough that I may just be able to do it without screwing anything up.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, TRUBL said:

So no one but myself has gone the route of installing the Volquartsen 10/22 trigger parts in there PC Carbine? That surprises me.

I personally think that it is still the most viable option out there for the cleanest trigger I've felt in those carbines

No sir...I have run the 10/22 trigger parts in mine for quite awhile now. Have never had any issues.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, TRUBL said:

So no one but myself has gone the route of installing the Volquartsen 10/22 trigger parts in there PC Carbine? That surprises me.

I personally think that it is still the most viable option out there for the cleanest trigger I've felt in those carbines

Ok, you convinced me.  I'm giving it a try.  Volquartsen actually makes a kit that has just the parts you used without the extras for a few bucks less.  I just grabbed it at OpticsPlanet for $118.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/volquartsen-hp-action-kit-for-ruger-10-22-and-22lr.html

We'll see how it works out.

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2020 at 5:38 AM, Cuz said:

Ok, you convinced me.  I'm giving it a try.  Volquartsen actually makes a kit that has just the parts you used without the extras for a few bucks less.  I just grabbed it at OpticsPlanet for $118.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/volquartsen-hp-action-kit-for-ruger-10-22-and-22lr.html

We'll see how it works out.

How did it work out?

How did it work out?

It was easier to install than I thought it would be. It’s a definite improvement, but I don’t think I’m maximizing the trigger stop adjustment. I thought it was worth the money compared to what other options are available. I just got my Lyman trigger pull gauge in yesterday, so I’ll try to measure the pull compared to the 2nd one I left stock. But, the gun is quite dirty right now and I don’t plan to clean it anytime soon, so that may affect the pull weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Cuz said:

It was easier to install than I thought it would be. It’s a definite improvement, but I don’t think I’m maximizing the trigger stop adjustment. I thought it was worth the money compared to what other options are available. I just got my Lyman trigger pull gauge in yesterday, so I’ll try to measure the pull compared to the 2nd one I left stock. But, the gun is quite dirty right now and I don’t plan to clean it anytime soon, so that may affect the pull weight.

Thanks, so literally you just used 10/22 parts, and they're the same?

I used those parts from that specific kit. I don’t know if all 10/22 parts are the same. I had to watch a few YouTube videos to figure out where the shims went. The Volquartsen instructions weren’t very helpful.

The average over 5 pulls on my Lyman gauge is 3 lbs 5 oz, and that’s on a gun with over 3,500 rounds since its last cleaning when I installed the kit.

For comparison, the average over 5 pulls on a similar Ruger without the kit installed is 4 lbs 1 oz. that one only has about 500 rounds since it’s last cleaning.

I think I used the Lyman gauge correctly, and at least for this comparison, I used it exactly the same way on both rifles.

As always, YMMV.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jburks said:

I'm now leaning towards using 10/22 parts. seems like everyone who has tried it has had good luck with it. I've been eyeing the Kidd kit as it doesnt have any of the 1022 specific parts. The parts appear to be identical to the Ruger PC carbine. 

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Trigger-Job-Kit-with-Hammer-Sear-Disconnect-and-Trigger-blade_p_95.html

Call Tony at 830-557-5433 or email at answers@kiddinnovativedesign.com and ask.  Tony has been pretty responsive to questions from me.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, jburks said:

I'm now leaning towards using 10/22 parts. seems like everyone who has tried it has had good luck with it. I've been eyeing the Kidd kit as it doesnt have any of the 1022 specific parts. The parts appear to be identical to the Ruger PC carbine. 

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Trigger-Job-Kit-with-Hammer-Sear-Disconnect-and-Trigger-blade_p_95.html

This Kidd kit causes burst fire in Ruger PC. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, Zebraman said:

I took a Ruger BX trigger for the 10/22 and installed them in the PC trigger housing.  Then I used a Pike blue aluminum trigger rather than the polymer one from the BX.  Trigger pull is about 2.5 lbs. 

That's awesome. have you been able to put a lot of rounds through it? been reliable?

• 3 months later...

Tandomkross and MCARBO were a waste of money for me - the TG9 was much better and got the gun to the point where it would keep up with the PCC world, but it is expensive.  The Ruger + a TG9 is a great PCC backup gun.

Recently I had to remove my TG9 trigger.   I started to get burst fires with multiple ammo PF loads  ( soft / medium / factory ).     I like the trigger ( despite overall weight ) over the stock, but it consistently started to give bursts of 2-4 shots.      

I probably have 7000 rounds through it.    

17 hours ago, jrdoran said:

Recently I had to remove my TG9 trigger.   I started to get burst fires with multiple ammo PF loads  ( soft / medium / factory ).     I like the trigger ( despite overall weight ) over the stock, but it consistently started to give bursts of 2-4 shots.      

I probably have 7000 rounds through it.    

That's disappointing to hear! They recently released a target hammer kit for the pc carbine that i'm considering giving a try. much cheaper than the TG9

https://volquartsen.com/departments/ruger-pc-carbine/inventory_configurations/5139

• 8 months later...