Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger

WxGuy

Does anyone have any information about this new trigger?  Coming from the factory, it would play across multiple games.

I emailed them a week ago and have not heard back from Germany.  Item No. 2849526.

image.png.d9b0c2956e6f176c59fd93bd5e46ff59.png

Edited by WxGuy

I just spoke to Walther USA corporate. The lady I spoke to said that it’s not available yet, and they were supposed to have it already. Their number for anyone who wants to call is 479-242-8500, extension 7. 

12 hours ago, Jimmo952 said:

Try asking the US branch of Walther.  I'm guessing the Germans are expecting the American branch to field customer support questions for them. 

I did before emailing EU.  Same "not available yet" response.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Earl at Earl's repair service, and hopefully they are getting them in a couple weeks. They are taking names of folks that would like one, I've gotten on the list. They are going to be 150.00. 

Edited by Apexer

4 minutes ago, PokerNGuns said:

Nice... Earls shop always been good to work with. Now if they just get in those Q4 SF new rear sight...

That’s great to hear. He told me that he basically gets all of the German walther parts minus the expert trigger. I ordered an extended mag release from him. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Dynamic Performance trigger should arrive for USA sales in Mid May, but may be delayed due to COVID. The trigger bar will still need modification for competition performance. The trigger only provides an Flat trigger surface. Walther Germany will not be of any assistance. I have a supplier in England who has provided me with EU restricted parts and I have inquired with him about getting a few of these triggers. Will know more later. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the call from Earl’s yesterday to pay for mine. They said they were in customs, and should ship the first or second week of September. 

Side note, three weeks to clear customs?! Jeez......

• 1 month later...

I called Walther because I installed an Apex in my Q5 SF. Sent it in to have it "fixed." When I was talking to Paul (Walther support) about this, he stated they had them in. I believe it was 130/140 for them to install. Plus 30 to 40 for shipping back.  

Edited by ima45dv8
Removed ad per Forum Guidelines

• 2 months later...

I picked one up too, was actually running just the fire control with the Overwatch trigger for a while and decided to get the Walther to compare. 

If you all looked up an install video, it was probably mine. I did a new video comparing the two and giving my first impressions.

So far I'm one range session in, and still had to do some tweaks, but I think this is a winner. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed the trigger & fire control group.  Feels great.  I did have to file on the safety tab a  bit as I was having problems depressing the safety tab all the way with my weak hand.  Now all is good.

WARNING:  If you get the fire control group (sear cage) be careful how you pick it up.  I looked at it and evidently placed the cage back in the box upside down and a pin and spring fell out.  I then looked at the assembly then the sear fell out.  Took me hours to figure the assembly out and put the spring back in. 

I had a chance to try the dynamic trigger in the “meister custom” at my LGS and it is impressive.  That and the factory smaller grips made a big difference in feel (despite my XL hands).  

Combine that and the new lower optic plates and this is a really nice package.  

On 12/16/2020 at 11:39 PM, oddjob said:

Just installed the trigger & fire control group.  Feels great.  I did have to file on the safety tab a  bit as I was having problems depressing the safety tab all the way with my weak hand.  Now all is good.

WARNING:  If you get the fire control group (sear cage) be careful how you pick it up.  I looked at it and evidently placed the cage back in the box upside down and a pin and spring fell out.  I then looked at the assembly then the sear fell out.  Took me hours to figure the assembly out and put the spring back in. 

Are you using the trigger spring it comes with, or something else like a Sprinco?

re: the parts that fell out - big oof. I have taken the sear cage all the way apart and the springs for the single action lever and the sear are absolute nightmares. Makes working on a decocker CZ seem like a walk in the park. Hoping I can come up with some good tricks for my full teardown video to make it easier.

I'm using the Sprinco spring & firing pin block spring.

Regarding that little spring & pin.  I placed the spring & pin in and used the punch as a slave pin.  I then placed an allen wrench (don't remember the size) in the back part of the sear assembly.  This keeps the pin and spring from moving backwards and helps restrict the movement.  I then wiggled the pin in and pushed the punch out.  This worked on my second attempt.  I don't know if this method was blind luck or a working method.  All I know is I did not want to try it  a third time.  I did this after swearing at the assembly & German engineering for hours the night before.  I also had a few drinks after giving up.  The next morning with a clearer mind I got the spring in on the second attempt.

Can't wait for your tear down video!  Off topic question....What load do you use for your Walther Steel frame?

Forgot to mention I use my left finger (I'm right handed)  to keep the spring/pin from popping up.

thanks!!

Edited by oddjob