Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 SW load data

a2holes

You'll problaby need 4.5-4.7 gr titegroup. That's what I used to use in my limited guns. But with my Edge with the factory barrel, I find I have to use more powder than with my other limited guns with aftermarket barrels.

And like stated, you can use other powders than titegroup. I currently use N320. Not that titegroup didn't work. It was very consistant, but it does burn hot. My FO rods would melt after 2-3 matches.

That's a great place to start. You might need a .1 more depending on your barrel. I've never melted a fiber, but I do have to take breaks in my training sessions as the gun gets too hot to hold comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On 2/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, CZGeoege said:

I’d stay away from TG for major PF,  try a different powder. CFE, N320,n340, power pistol, clean shot.

That's a first time i heard someone says on TG...I wonder why? 

21 hours ago, Yagi said:

That's a first time i heard someone says on TG...I wonder why? 

It burns too hot, melts your FO front sight, is dirty and smokes a lot with coated bullets.  I have no idea why it is so popular.  Probably because it is cheap and widely available during the powder shortage.  If you want something in that burn range use Sport Pistol.  It is clean, burns cool and has next to no temperature sensitivity.  The same can be said for e3.  I use 3.7gr under a 180 for 172 PF.  Most consistent load I ever shot in 40sw.

22 hours ago, zzt said:

.  If you want something in that burn range use Sport Pistol.  It is clean, burns cool and has next to no temperature sensitivity.  The same can be said for e3.  I use 3.7gr under a 180 for 172 PF.  Most consistent load I ever shot in 40sw.

I am assuming that this load is for e3, or is it for Sport Pistol?

On 2/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, a2holes said:

I just picked up an edge to shoot limited. 

here is the load data I am going to try. What do you think?

4.3-4.5 titegroup

1.18 - 1.2 OAL

180 grain blue bullet / SNS bullets  

I would select a different powder, TG is garbage for 40 cal major. I’m not a fan of it. Over pressure creeps up quickly and better powder options are plentiful.

3 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

There's a reason a ton of people use titegroup for .40 major. It works great. You just have to clean your gun more often. I use it for all my pistol reloading, it keeps things simple.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A lot of people use it because it’s all they know...