Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grayguns p320 sear spring lifespan

ajblack

Does anyone know how many rounds the Grayguns sear springs are supposed to last?  Or has anyone shot their Grayguns trigger P320 enough to wear these springs out?  I'm trying to determine a preventative maintenance schedule but haven't heard anything about how long the sear springs are expected to last for.

Trigger reset springs crash fairly quickly when you dryfire without dummies with spent primers or rubber in primer pocket.

It's the little tiny spring in the Striker assy

The V spring on the rear side of the housings break every so often but mine have gone a long time with no problems.

I think Shooters Connection carries those, and GG will sell them to you if you bought the trigger kit from them etc.

• 4 months later...

I asked Grey Guns customer service about spring life the other day because the my Grey Guns competition triggers don't feel as good as they did when they were new.

Here is part of the response from Chris at customer service:

". As far as spring replacement, it's kind of a "when it's needed" thing. If your trigger starts to feel spongy, go ahead and change the sear springs, and if you notice that the reset seems to be getting a bit sluggish, it's time to change the trigger bar spring. On your gun with 30K rounds through it, I'd go ahead and change those just cuz"

My other gun my match gun has about 10k on it and it doesn't feel much better than my range/dryfire gun. I didn't realize how bad my triggers had degraded until at a match last Saturday I tried a couple of other guys Legions with fairly new grey gun kits in them. Since the springs degrade gradually, I didn't notice it until I had something to compare it to.

Springs are so cheap why wait till they are wore out?  Some top shooters I know change them out every two months regardless of how much they shot the gun. I don’t think every two months is warranted for striker fired guns, but depending on how much someone shoots it might be the correct periodicity. Recently I have been trying to Guage when to change mine out. Mine has become spongy as well. There is not much to those sear springs. 

One of mine where broken within 2 Weeks. No big deal as i noticed it only because i did put a GG Kit in.

Just recently this safety lever on the striker did break after a lot of coolfire training. Thats strange in my eyes.